tae bo total body fat blasting

kshields85
kshields85 Posts: 18
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
i bought this dvd a long time ago and used it maybe twice up until recently, when i stumbled on it looking for a video of my husbands. i put it in, did it for the 50 some odd minutes. Then, I came here to enter it in. There was only 1 form of tae bo and it said that for 50 minutes, i should've burned over a 1000 cals. I don't think i did that much at all. I just entered in 30 minutes, which was 600 and something cals burned. I really like it because I sweat BEFORE I start to get out of breath, and I really don't get out of breath. I'm not eating my exercise cals because of this dilemma of how much I burned. I was hoping that someone might have any insight to the dvd. I don't have one of those things that shows how many cals you burned, but I need to get one. Before I do, though, I was hoping to hear someone else's point of view.

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    An HRM would be the most accurate way to figure calories, but I also do tae-bo and don't own one!! I always just go by my personal level of difficulty. If I do a tae-bo that incorporates weights or resistance bands, I log it as Circuit Training. If I do one that is just kind of so-so at getting my heart rate up, I log it as General Aerobics. If it's a good cardio workout for me, I log it as High Impact Aerobics or Kick-boxing.

Hope that helps!! And I really love Billy -- he's such a dork!!
  • naesdestiny
    naesdestiny Posts: 677 Member
    Since everyone's body is different, the best thing to do is to invest in a Heart Rate Monitor. It was one of the best investments I ever made. I love know what all I am burning!! it keeps me pumped up to do more! Good luck and congrats for doing the whole 50 minutes. I have a Tae-Bo DVD that was 46 minutes and all I could do was 37 and that was pushing it.
This discussion has been closed.