Itchy Inner Thighs

Options
The little lumps of fat on the inner side of each thigh, just under my groin area, are so unbelievably itchy! I am scared I am going to get to the point of making them bleed!!! (As I had previously managed to do on the skin behind my knees when they got all itchy). The itch is not really the skin, feels like it's underneath. I do use bio oil regularly, that said, I could do with more water, but the skin doesn't look dry.

The reason that I refer to them as little inner lumps of fat on the inner side of my thigh, is that now my thighs are funny shaped, I have a small thigh gap right up at the top of my legs, under my groin, so the fat sort of touches in an odd shape a few inches down.

Why is this happening!? They are not rubbing as far as I am aware. Is it because I am about to lose fat in that area? Get stretch marks? To get a more prominent thigh gap?! Argh, I want to lose upper body weight damnit.

I look so crazy rubbing (not scratching) my jeans/thighs in the worst place possible, at work. Slow rubbing on thighs, relief on face = not good. :tongue:

5"6, 148lbs, Apple shaped.

Any experience of outcomes appreciated.

Replies

• AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    You have an STD.
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Sure it aint jock itch?
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    What does it look like? A boil?
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    this would be chaffing by the sounds of it, i think you can get creams for it
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    Sure it aint jock itch?

I'm pretty sure jock itch doesn't look like lumps of fat.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    could it be irritation by clothing or by sweat caused by the clothing?
  • MN4US
    MN4US Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Doubt it's an STD, thanks. I get similar itching on my stomach from time to time it's just not as bad as this. I also get it all around my thighs if I give in to the itch and go on a kind of frenzy :laugh:

There is no rash, nothing on the skin, no boils/spots. It's itchy from within o_O I do have cellulite there if that makes a difference?
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options

She's at work so unless she goes to work without taking a shower or doesn't wash her clothes, that's not it. It could be possible that she changed detergents but that wouldn't explain lumps of fat.
  • slh3103
    slh3103 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My inner thighs sometimes itch too when I work out. A trainer at my gym told me that it's a chemical reaction of the fat burning and I should stretch more. Before, during, and after exercising.
  • MN4US
    Options

That's a good suggestion, but it's the precise location of the itch that makes me doubt this. Eurgh I want to rip the fat off!! :explode:
  • MN4US
    Options
    My inner thighs sometimes itch too when I work out. A trainer at my gym told me that it's a chemical reaction of the fat burning and I should stretch more. Before, during, and after exercising.

Thank you! :flowerforyou: I shall try stretching the area more.. Very helpful info
  • MN4US
    Options

She's at work so unless she goes to work without taking a shower or doesn't wash her clothes, that's not it. It could be possible that she changed detergents but that wouldn't explain lumps of fat.

When I say lump of fat.. I am refering to the shape of my thigh. It's an odd shape.

Random google image to explain: http://www.silhouettone.com/fckuploads/images/equipment/lumicell-wave-4/en/case-studies/Arietta_ENG.jpg

You see where the fat touches with a little gap under the groin.. I mean those bits/lumps. Sorry if my wording wasn't clear.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i think it's ebola...

...but i'm not a medical doctor or anything.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options

Thank you! :flowerforyou: I shall try stretching the area more.. Very helpful info

Sorry but she is describing jock itch as she is exercising. You on the other hand, itch at work. Only thing I can think of is that you're allergic to a detergent. If that's not it, you either have lice or an STD.
  • MN4US
    Options

Sorry but she is describing jock itch as she is exercising. You on the other hand, itch at work. Only thing I can think of is that you're allergic to a detergent. If that's not it, you either have lice or an STD.

From those, an allergy is most likely then, although I doubt it is that, for I have had the same itching all around my legs, and on my stomach.. sometimes on my back. I think I'd notice if I'd had lice -_-

And I do work out, and my itch is not isolated to being at work. slh3101, does this itch only come up during exercise? how long does it last?
  • meagank28
    meagank28 Posts: 52
    Options
    if you have changed your eating habits it might be an allergic reaction
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    Jock itch really isn't that bad. You said you want to scratch so bad that it might bleed or rip your fat off. Jock itch is no where near that bad. You should see a doctor. Seriously.
  • MN4US
    Options
    Sound advice, thanks guys.
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My comment was a bit facetious,you would be able to see it if it were jock itch (ring worm) is leaves a characteristic round "target" shaped red area. I doubt you would have it without noticing. It's not an STD though AbsoluteNG, it's a fungal infection just like athlete's foot- and treated with the same creams- you usually self-contaminate from one area to another actually.

Always good to know these things! :D

OP - Take an antihistamine. A hayfever tablet would do the job. :)
  • MN4US
    Options
    Ah yes antihistamines, hope they help! Anything to stop the itch. Thanks!