I guarantee to give you a laugh...

Options
Yes, my life is chaotic, insane and many have said that knowing me has made them feel a whole lot better about their own lives!
I've been on a diet for exactly 1.5hrs every Monday for the last few years. I realised it was time to really do something about it when my daughters stuck up about 30 posters around the house saying 'obesity is a major health hazard' and 'you're going to die mum!'. Subtle little darlings aren't they?
So, here I am. I need friends, lots of em....the sort who'll kick me to the far right-hand side of that ticker, slidey, weight thing. In turn, I will nag, encourage and boot you along to your goals. I NEVER want to have to tell my kids 'I'm dieting on Monday' ever again. I want them to be proud of me...Hell, I want to be proud of me!

Replies

• jordansh1961
    Options
    Feel free to add me, Laughter is good for the soul and you can never have to many friends. Welcome! I know you will do well.
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You totally got this. Congrats on making the step and for raising kids that love their mother so much to want to help with your motivation.
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yep, gottcha covered. Add me if you would like, we'll make it thru, somehow.
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes, my life is chaotic, insane and many have said that knowing me has made them feel a whole lot better about their own lives!
    I've been on a diet for exactly 1.5hrs every Monday for the last few years. I realised it was time to really do something about it when my daughters stuck up about 30 posters around the house saying 'obesity is a major health hazard' and 'you're going to die mum!'. Subtle little darlings aren't they?
    So, here I am. I need friends, lots of em....the sort who'll kick me to the far right-hand side of that ticker, slidey, weight thing. In turn, I will nag, encourage and boot you along to your goals. I NEVER want to have to tell my kids 'I'm dieting on Monday' ever again. I want them to be proud of me...Hell, I want to be proud of me!

This did make me laugh! Especially the 1.5 hours every Monday part. :drinker:
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I can really relate to the Monday diet thing ...ha ha! I've been here for a while ..lost , regained and am losing again! Done the 1200Kcal thing here ..and it hasn't worked for me ..I hated gyms ..and I've wised up..and go to the gym now..I am a supportive mfp..and I get alot of support from my fp's! So add me ..and I'll support you!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    1.5 hours on Yadnom.... sounds about right - LOL :D

(and Yadnom = Monday backwards, because doesn't Monday always feel backwards anyways?)
  • suegill49
    Options
    I'm new to this, last Monday in fact and it's the first time I've ever wrote anything on a message board! I'm not super overweight but have gained and lost the same 15 pounds about 4 times each year for the last 6 years. That alone is exhausting. A very active yo-yo!! My advice is to check out the web of Fat, sick and nearly dead about the guy who juiced his way to health. I think the site is Reboot .com. We make a fruit and veg. juice for breakfast every morning and it's filling! Th key is eating as much real whole food as possible. Then I realize how much junk is out there calling my name!! Good luck day by day, you deserve to feel great!
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to help you on this journey if you'll do the same. Together we can do so much more. Feel free to add me!
  • noriri
    noriri Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Wishing you well in your endeavors to better health. Speaking from my experience it is difficult, but doable. Just keep achievable goals before you. Remind yourself daily that you are so worth this! I would be happy to be counted among your pals.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Times like these I wish there was a like button! Welcome. Feel free to friend me if you like......I have totally been on the diet on monday track in the past......I have been on my journey for a little over two years.....for about six months I maintained but since joining here in february I am up to 95 pounds lost! Before pics on my profile :)
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm on call should you add me... :laugh:
  • semarsh12
    semarsh12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can totally add me....I love to laugh and let's face it, we're going to need some humor. It makes it slightly less painful!
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Ur this post itself is so funny so would love to have your friend ship
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I will concede to a chuckle.