Gold Standard Whey VS IsaLean VS Shakeology

Options
Gold Standard Whey VS IsaLean VS Shakeology

I been on IsaLean and I am doing great but I don't like mail order, I really like going into a store and buying what I need so I started to look at Gold Standard Whey and base on how I am reading the labels (I am not a pro) it looks better for someone trying to lose weight then IsaLean or Shakeology is this true?

I would love to hear from others about comments on: Gold Standard Whey VS IsaLean VS Shakeology for losing weight not for body building... thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i dont know about isalean or shakeology, but GS whey isnt for weight loss, its simply protein powder that can be used for supplementing your diet?

you dont need any of them to lose weight, you just need a calorie deficit.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    It's all the same... really.

Whatever fits into your daily calories and macros is what is going to work.
  • darkangelinvb
    darkangelinvb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have never used Isalean or Gold Standard... I tried various protein drinks and finally went with shakeology (mainly because of the amount of plant based minerals I can get from the one serving). It is great as a meal replacement but as most things can be pricey. Just find what works for you..
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Whey is typically used purely as a protein supplement (kind of it's purpose...)

You can use it how you want, but don't think it is a weight loss shake.

I use gold standard whey myself... I like that it's a decent amount of protein (24G) with not a whole lot of calories, and it's been approved for sale on base which means it won't make me test positive on a drug test (my main reason for using it)

Shakology is a waste of money. Pure and simple. If you have the money to waste and don't feel like making your own shake, then by all means, waste away :D

I've never heard of IsaLean, which to me means that I don't need to worry about it :bigsmile:
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I agree with TavistockToad. You don't "need" whey or nutrition shakes for weight loss. If anything, think of them as a convenience . It's an easy "whey" (haha get it??) to get some protein. You can get the same, if not more, protein from cooking up and eating a chicken breast. However, a whey protein shake requires no cooking. Just scoop and mix.
  • jimmyjjohn
    Options
    I am about to finish by 5lb tub of ON 100% whey protein. I'm not a bodybuilder, just trying to gain some muscle so that I can lose some weight later. However Now Foods I can get for like $40 off of amazon whereas 100% whey from ON is $40. So, I was wondering what you guys think is the better one to get. Thanks. If there's something better just say so. http://www.ongoldstandardwhey.com.au