Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

When Cheeseburger = Walking, Will We Eat Less?

2»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    I posted this article because I thought the results of the study were interesting.

I agree on that point. Having been in the industry, I can assure you that there is a lot more variance than you would expect with what goes in the pot, pan, or plate. Again, it's a liability and burden restaurants don't need. Plus the numbers provided wouldn't be anywhere near accurate.
    That's why I said I think they will be misleading without additional data, perhaps listed on the back of the menu. It's probably an average for a person who weighs about 150 or 160 lbs, which they would need to explain, as well as giving broad daily *maintenance level* requirements for men and women in different weight ranges so people know how to put it in perspective.
    Again, this is far outside the purview of what a restaurant should provide. That information is available to all that have access to the internet or a library. Restaurants are not the places, nor are restauranteurs the professionals that people should be asking about nutrition. Just like you shouldn't ask a Nutritionist about how to properly brunois something.