Cheaper heart rate monitors

vicidoesstuff
vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm thinking about buying a heart rate monitor because my workouts seem to be getting easier already so I'd like an accurate calorie reading.

One of the cheapest, and one I've heard many people have bought, is the York P30.

Who has bought this one and do you recommend it? How is it's accuracy?

I can't really afford the Polar one that everyone seems to have.

Replies

• Mando55
    Mando55 Posts: 140
    I went to Big 5 and purchased a Bowflex Precision XT Heart Rate Monitor for $35.99 and it works great!
  • vicidoesstuff
    I found a few Bowflex HRMs on ebay. So, those don't work with a strap, then? Is that still okay?
  • sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    I got mine from Walmart (it was in stock, in the store) for $45 and it has a chest strap. I've had it for about 2 months and I love it. It has lots of great features too.
  • sarahhnash
    sarahhnash Posts: 38
    I just got a timex (don't remember the model) from Amazon. It works really well, was reasonably priced and has a chest strap. We'll see how it wears in over the coming weeks...
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    I have the York P30 and love it! It's really simple once you get the hang of it, it has everything you need on it really. I found it to differ a bit from the exercise database on here so I am so glad I got it to get a more accurate reading.

Get it!! :laugh:

£17.97on eBay, is that the one you are looking at? If so, definitely worth the money!!
  • vicidoesstuff
    That's exactly the one, yes. You've convinced me - I bought it. That'll give me accurate readings for the 30 Day Shred and the different Davina workouts, for sure.
This discussion has been closed.