Cross Fit shoes

Options
Looking for a good pair of cross fit shoes.
I ordered a pair but I don't like the fact that the tongue is attached.

Anybody have a good pair of shoes they use for this type of work out?

Replies

• mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I love Skechers - all sorts! I've had tone-ups, normal trainers, Hubs has 2 casual pairs and son has school shoes. They're well made and I bet they have something suitable for your workout
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I use Innov8. They are designed for running and for weight lifting. Perfect for Crossfit. And the ones that I have do not have the tongue attached.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Would you buy jeans simply because some schmuck on a website recommended them? Probably not, you'd want to try them on first, right?

Shoes are no different... it's all about fit.

Generally speaking, you'll want something fairly flat with minimal support/cushioning. Most major brands make shoes like this now.

• Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i wear the New Balance minimus

If I'm only just lifting I either wear those, chuck taylors or no shoes at all

The innov8 are good too as well as Reebok U-forms i hear good things
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Would you buy jeans simply because some schmuck on a website recommended them? Probably not, you'd want to try them on first, right?

Shoes are no different... it's all about fit.

Generally speaking, you'll want something fairly flat with minimal support/cushioning. Most major brands make shoes like this now.

No, but if you said "I have trouble getting jeans because I have a smaller waist/curvy but in relation to my measurements" and someone recommended a brand which worked well with that body shape then you'd find a stockist and give them a try.

Its called "providing helpful advice", women do it a lot.:tongue:
  • amylite
    amylite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I also wear New Balance Minimus shoes. Nice and flat, wider toe box. I tried wearing my regular running shoes at first, but it was very hard to do the lateral movements, I felt like I would slide off the sole. The Minimus give you great traction, while feeling almost like you're not in shoes. Good luck!