What is YOUR funeral song?

Options

Replies

• Hoosier_Kat
    Hoosier_Kat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I told my mom that if anything happens to me, to be sure they play "Daydream Believer" by the Monkees. I want to give the people a moment of WTF?, and then leave them laughing. Anyone who would mourn me know that is totally me.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Good Riddance (Time of your Life)--Green Day
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    No idea.....

But Blaze of Glory, Another One Bites the Dust, and Leaving on a Jetplane sound good to me.
    Carry On My Wayward Son is one of my favorite songs, though. So I might just have that one play.

I also think I want to be cremated. :smile: Haven't quite decided on that one though.

I forgot to add that I may also play "Highway to Hell". AC/DC is awesome. :glasses:
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just went to a funeral yesterday....

Can't help but think of it then.

It would be, and in this general order....

With stories from friends/family in between...

Like someone earlier said "My Way" By Old Blue Eyes.

"Beam Me Up"- Pink

"Guest List" - Sol Driven Train

"Last Place that Love Lives" - The Black Crowes

"One More Day" - Sol Driven Train

then I feel I need one more song that's basically a I leave behind no regrets kind of song...
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Think of Laura by Christopher Cross. Will also be creamted. Bugs eating me.....YUCK!
  • alpha1029
    alpha1029 Posts: 139
    Options
    Come On Up to the House by Tom Waits. It's beautiful and not too melancholy. I have said that I wanted that song played at my funeral from the first time I heard it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I would ask to have this played at my funeral because I'm a bit too humble to think so highly of myself, but I think Muse's Guiding Light would make an excellent funeral song. It's just beautiful!
  • padackllins
    Options
    Well I know one thing for sure, it's going to be Green Day. If I want to go down the jokey route, it's going to be Haha You're Dead. If I want something more appropriate, it's going to be Wake Me Up When September Ends.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    "The Parting Glass" by the High Kings.

However, I actually have a separate plan in the event I'm killed in the line of duty (I'm an Air Force equivalent of a Military Police officer). So, if I die in the line of duty, I want to play Bob Dylan's "Knocking on Heaven's Door" (in addition to "The Parting Glass".)
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik by Outkast

End of the Road- Boyz 2 Men
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Here is my burial (spreading of my ashes) play list
    Celtic Bagpipe Music - Sgt. Mackenzie
    RHPS-Time Warp

And apparently, since my kids love me so much, I will be hearing "Its a Small world" for all eternity due to them dropping some of my ashes on the ride at Disneyland! God I hate that ride LMAO!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham
  • sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My cousin and I talk about this often and both agree that it would be I Will Remember You by Sarah McLaughlin. It's actually the only song I like by her....but so fitting!
  • SewersofCasaBonita
    Options
    Mexico Lindo y Querido - performed by a fully staffed mariachi band.
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've thought about this probably more than I should at my age.

Walkin' on Sunshine

One Last Drink -Enter the Haggis

and just to be sappy Pink's - Glitter in the air
  • dkgoetz
    dkgoetz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    "In My Life" by the Beatles (or Ozzy, I'm not picky, I like both versions)

Make sure you know the meaning behind the song you pick - my dad chose "Cats in the Cradle" for my grandpa's funeral because he thought it was a cute story about a father and son. He didn't listen to what it's really about (his relationship with his dad was NOT AT ALL similar to the story in that song!) He followed it with "My Hero" by the Foo Fighters, which was much more appropriate :]
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    My way - Frank Sinatra
    Bat out of hell - Meatloaf
    Back in black - AC/DC
  • tresmommy86
    tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Crossroads - Bone Thugs N Harmony

A Whole New World - Aladdin

Take Me to the King - Tamala Mann

Get Up - Ciara
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I plan on being cremated so I think this girl is on fire by alicia keys would sum it up :)