Getting fit while pregnant? stories and pics please!!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• taradiamond1
    Options
    I have a super ante natal PT programme at my gym. I am 25 + 5 weeks and have only put on 6lbs so far, I am so chuffed as put on 2.5 stone with my first. I am monitoring my calorie intake and doing 4 x gym sessions a week, 1 x swimming and 2 or 3 brisk walks or bike rides.

Finding it tough to kerb my sweet tooth tho, only so much dried fruit etc I can eat!!

Well done all you pregnant ladies out there, amazing job xx
  • gettinwade3
    gettinwade3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    To be honest I was pretty lazy last pregnancy. I was 202 at my first prenatal visit and by 30 weeks had gained 25-30lbs. I was diagnosed with gestation diabetes and started walking and watching my diet so my sugars didn't get too high. By the time I had her at 35 weeks I was back at 208, went home at 202 once again. This was just walking for about an hour 4ish times a week. After my 6 weeks I was in the high 180s-low 190s and then I did the shred and landed at 180. That was my story, then some complicated stuff happened but here soon I'll be able to get back on track! This time I've been cleaning, walking, dancing with my daughters, just moving whenever I can. My point is even the smallest things can help. Oh and lots of water, it often helped with my false hunger as well as just being good for you(stock up in toilet paper!)
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am surprised by the amount of weight gain by some people when they are pregnant. I gained 22 pounds with my baby and lost all but 3 before I left the hospital.... I did have some belly flab that I worked off after the ok from doctor.... So now many women gain 50 pounds???? I just ate the good stuff and "treated" myself every now and then with ice cream,etc....

Wow good for you. Be glad you're not one of those women like me who feel horribly nauseous UNLESS they eat all the time. You sound more than a little smug.

I had morning sickness so badly during my pregnancy with my daughter that I couldn't eat much of anything and I definitely wasn't going to move. I spent the entire pregnancy hugging a toilet. When I could eat the only thing I could stomach was junk food (which is not my normal eating behaviour) and my tummy turned at the sight of the healthy foods I once adored. I gained nearly 30 pounds and it took a while to lose it. Many women's pregnancies aren't all sunshine and roses and sometimes that means they gain weight that doesn't magically fall of when the baby is born.
  • YappyPunkin
    YappyPunkin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How have you managed during this time?

I am in a similar situation. " hasn't been made "official"
    But I have recently lost 57 #'s and I want to lose more, but be healthy and I am quite frankly terrified.
  • MissLady03
    MissLady03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump. Great topic!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy! :smile:

At 5'11" my goal weight is about 160. When I got pregnant with my youngest I was at 185. I wish I could say I ate well, but that's not really the case at all. I mean, I tried, but especially the first four months I felt so constantly sick, it was a struggle. The only foods that made me feel better were Cool Ranch Doritoes, ginger ale, and grapes. Pretty much in that order. But after those first few months I ate a more balanced diet and was able to keep exercising almost until the end (running, then run/walking and also weight training a couple times a week).

I had hypertension as a pre-existing condition, so that caused problems for me in the last month. I ended up being induced at 36 1/2 weeks. At that time I weighed about 210, so a total gain of almost exactly 25 pounds. After delivery it came off very quickly. I was back to pre-pregnancy weight at around 3 weeks. Baby is about 2 1/2 months old now, and I'm down to 175-ish.

My experience was similar with the last two pregnancies, and very different from the first few (I have 8 kids) where I gained too much and kept hold of it. Staying active made probably the most difference for me. Get your midwife's or doctor's guidance on that, of course. Also in the last few years I've gotten better at planning my meals around vegetables and protein, but like I said... my diet is still far from perfect, especially when dealing with m/s.

Blessings~
  • DiaryofaFitMommy
    Options
    I managed to tone my body even while pregnant :) Im 14 weeks and 2 days!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Oh I kinda skipped my whole point... which is, I've had two children since I started losing weight in 2007, and I have made a lot of progress in that time. Pregnancy presents challenges, for sure, but doesn't automatically mean a set-back. :smile:

Blessings~
  • leslieschoenle
    leslieschoenle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I was one who had really bad sickness and the only thing that would stay down was sweet treats. I gained 40lbs with both pregnancies and walked everywhere and did normal activity. I didnt work out though and thats something il do next time. We are planning another baby in 5 yrs or so and I want to be a lot healthier next time
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Nice post, I'm also planning to get pregnant soon but I'm worried to spoil my progress...nevertheless I will make sure that I exercise as much as pregnant woman can exercise then continue leaving healthy life.
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I had an injured knee and got pregnant very shortly after my surgery. I went through PT under dr care. Eight hours a day for my first trimester I walked the tredmill, used a stationary bike and lifted weights sitting up (no more than 15-25 lbs). Squats were definitely out of the question. For the 2nd tri I walked and swam, I was no longer in PT. my 3rd I slept all day and relaxed. My meals were healthy, I ate alot of chicken, oatmeal, cereal, fruits and veggies. Overall I gained 12lbs, I started at 182 and delivered at 194. Given my weight I watched what I ate. I did not want to get gestational diabetes. I delivered a healthy full term 5lb bab boy almost 2yrs ago.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dawnty
    dawnty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am surprised by the amount of weight gain by some people when they are pregnant. I gained 22 pounds with my baby and lost all but 3 before I left the hospital.... I did have some belly flab that I worked off after the ok from doctor.... So now many women gain 50 pounds???? I just ate the good stuff and "treated" myself every now and then with ice cream,etc....

Good for you. I love listening to women brag about how awesome they are and how others must be failures. Perhaps you deserve a cookie.

You could give her a cookie but she probably wouldn't eat it.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Walking and swimming are the best exercises while pregnant
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!