Period question for the LADIES.

Options
I know this is TMI but Im wondering if its normal to have workout induced spotting. I have been cramping pretty bad but no PMS symptoms, I am 99.9% sure Im not preg. as I have the arm implant, and its still supposed good for another 15 months. Ideas?

Replies

• JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    Sorry, I am not sure about this hope you can get some good responses.
  • sarahDickson501
    sarahDickson501 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    No, it's not normal but it may not be anything to worry about either. I suggest you call your GYN and ask about this. Some of the implants and other bc methods can cause "break through bleeding".
  • sarahDickson501
    Options
    No, it's not normal but it may not be anything to worry about either. I suggest you call your GYN and ask about this. Some of the implants and other bc methods can cause "break through bleeding".

thanks
  • billyboybalbo
    Options
    Sorry, I am not sure about this hope you can get some good responses.

nice profile pic darling
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Just phone your doctor to find out.
  • freindsofmine
    freindsofmine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    For me its normal just tells me i will be starting soon
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

I agree. Working out shouldn't cause spotting. It may be the implant, or it could be something else. Call your GYN; an appointment is probably in order. In the mean time, it may be worth it to take a preg test. Even if it's unlikely due to the implant, it's possible.

And if you get severe cramping/pain or heavy bleeding (heavier than normal period) get seen right away. These could be symptoms of a tubal pregnancy (exercise could be exacerbating) which can be dangerous. It's not very common, and probably not your issue, but be aware of those symptoms.
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    sometimes when i work out too hard and im already on my period it makes it heavier and last longer but never had that happen in between cycles
  • AllThatWeightlossJazz
    Options
    If I am close to starting or JUST finished I will have this with a good workout.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Break through bleeding is normal with the implants or any hormonal bc. At the same time it couldbe implantion bleeding so a pregnancy test may not be out of the question. Nothing is 100% The cumulative pregnancy rate for the entire five years is 1.1 per 100 users. Women over 154 lbs have a higher rate of failure. But in general it has about the same efficacy as a tubal so chances are you are not preggo, and you just having normal break through bleeding. If it helps any I had the same thing happen to me last month and thank the lord I am not preggo but I did go and poas about 3 times!!!!!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I have been cramping pretty bad but no PMS symptoms, I am 99.9% sure Im not preg. a

So then you haven't been having sex? That's the only way to be 99.9% sure. Even then you're still not 100% certainty you won't be visited by an angel that gives you some interesting news.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I have been cramping pretty bad but no PMS symptoms, I am 99.9% sure Im not preg. a

So then you haven't been having sex? That's the only way to be 99.9% sure. Even then you're still not 100% certainty you won't be visited by an angel that gives you some interesting news.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sarahDickson501
    Options
    Thanks everyone. And I'm due a appointment anyways so I'm going to call Dr. :)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    yes, good idea to call your dr, you prob. won't need an appt, and it is very normal.
    look over the brossure you got at the beginning or look at common side affects on webmd.
  • sarahDickson501
    Options

My birth control is 99.9% effective. so yeah Im 99.9% sure I'm Not.....
  • Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I also have the arm implant and i know that since I have had put in I get spotting quite more often then when I did w/o bc.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Did you just start working out? Because I could see your body having a reaction like that.
  • sarahDickson501
    Options
    Did you just start working out? Because I could see your body having a reaction like that.

like 3 weeks ago
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Could it be a side effect of the implant? Working out shouldn't cause spotting...but my birth control used to cause it for me, so my guess is it's your implant.