Anyone else had this issue?

Options
I have tried different types of tennis shoes and they all give me the same result, the outsides of my feet hurting. They don't hurt at the beginning of my work out but by the end of my work out I'm ready to rip them off my feet :mad: . Starting at my pinky toe and running along the outside edge and it only happens when I'm doing cardio, like walking and running. I have read that your feet expand when you work out so I'm wondering if that's part of it. Has anyone else has had this problem? If so, how did you fix it or what shoes did you get to help? Thanks!

Replies

• helpers1
    helpers1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have wide feet, and if I don't have a properly fitting shoe, what you are describing happens to me. I've found that if I loosen up the laces up near the widest part of my foot a little so the shoe can be a little "wider" in that area, it helps a whole lot, rather than trying to find a hard-to-find wide width shoe. Sometimes I need to purchase longer laces so I can still get a good "tie".
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I opened this thinking it was going to be about the burning sensations I've been having lately.

It sounds like your shoes are too small.

I've also never heard of anyone's feet expanding when they exercise . . .
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have wide feet. Try them on before you buy them.
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like New Balance Shoes, as they come in wider widths. I have had shoes do this to me in the past, and the wider widths have helped!
    Good luck!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    New balance shoes in general tend to have a wider toe box. Also, a minimalist shoe may help. They tend to have very roomy toe boxes and without all the cushioning, they don't tend to force your feet.
  • jewels7683
    jewels7683 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great! I will look into some New Balance shoes and see if they are better. I would like to say trying them on in the store would help me decide but they usually fit great and feel great in the store but then I get them home and start working out with them and all heck breaks loose. Thanks for the advice!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yeah, New Balance shoes with them laced like the middle one here:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/shoes/how-to-lace-your-shoe/482.html
  • SewersofCasaBonita
    Options
    I have high arches. Does that help?
  • abideedum
    abideedum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't wear shoes, problem solved :D

Okay i know that's not everyone's cup of tea, but i've recently be trying it and its soooooooooooo nice. I would/will wear minimalist shoes if i choose to run 'barefoot' just because of friction etc..
  • shortxtina
    shortxtina Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to feel like my feet were falling asleep, especially with cardio, I asked at the Nike Outlet because I thought I needed wide shoes as well... but the sales guy told me I was wearing the wrong shooes. He pointed me to the Nike Pegasus sneaker and for the past 2 years I've been using them and I love them. They have a more flexible front which allows your foot to breath and I don't get anymore tingling or falling asleep sensations.