Downside to drinking a lot more water....

Options
2»

Replies

• willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Yes, generally, you get used to it and eventually need to make fewer visits to the bathroom.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Once again...someone is torturing themselves with this MYTH.

Here's what the experts have to say.

Eight glasses of water a day an urban myth'?

Where did the OP say she was trying to drink 8 glasses a day?

Good thing you posted this for no reason, just so you could prove somebody wrong for something they didn't do.

Then why is she "trying to drink more water"? You know why....it's because of this persistant MYTH.:smile:

Maybe because she wasn't drinking enough before, and was mistaking thirst for hunger like many people do. I think that is why she said she knows she needs to drink more water :smile:
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Once again...someone is torturing themselves with this MYTH.

Here's what the experts have to say.

Eight glasses of water a day an urban myth'?

Where did the OP say she was trying to drink 8 glasses a day?

Good thing you posted this for no reason, just so you could prove somebody wrong for something they didn't do.

Then why is she "trying to drink more water"? You know why....it's because of this persistant MYTH.:smile:

Maybe because she wasn't drinking enough before, and was mistaking thirst for hunger like many people do. I think that is why she said she knows she needs to drink more water :smile:

Well, you may be right...you may be wrong. But in any event, at least she has some more information now from qualified experts to go on and not just some MYTH. My intentions were to be helpful and not as you so kindly put it "to prove somebody wrong". Perhaps instead of attacking me you should simply ASK the OP. Have a great day. :smile:
  • eleanorblack
    eleanorblack Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO - wow that escalated quick ;-) thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'm drinking about the right amount (I am aware of the differing arguments about how much water we actually 'need') - but on this amount I do feel better generally in myself and it does help with the whole hunger/thirst thing. I'm not sure I want to face life without cups of real tea (I'm British ;-) but I shall try not drinking after about 8 and see how that goes. Interesting point about bladder size/control possibly being part of the whole obese and unfit thing too - I wonder if that wil change as I lose more and get stronger.... another benefit!

Thanks again all!
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Well tea is a natural diuretic so combining water consumption and taking in consideration of bladder size plays a big role I know through personal experience try to not drink a hr before bedtime