Options
2»

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Haven't read it all but here's some ideas:

canned beans, mix with tomatoes and diced peppers...microwave till boiling

george foreman grill: chicken, steak, fish...all can be cooked on there

soft quesadilla (fill with veggies, an ounce or two of cheese, and some rotisserie chicken)

oatmeal

soup--low sodium broth, steam in bag brown rice, frozen mixed veggies, rotisserie chicken or pre-cooked chicken strips (if you don't buy the grill)--heat it all to boiling

"stir fry" ---you can toss the veggies in a tbsp of oil...heat, add 1 tbsp soy/teriyaki sauce, add cooked frozen shrimp

eggs --beat with fork. microwave. place on english muffin and add cheese for "egg mcmuffin"
  • laineretail
    laineretail Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    "Omelet in a mug" - The below recipe is from allrecipes.com. Quick and easy with little clean up (no need to wash dishes in the tub). Read the reviews for different ideas.

Ingredients:
    1 large egg
    2 egg whites
    2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
    2 tablespoons diced fully cooked ham
    1 tablespoon diced green bell pepper
    salt and ground black pepper to taste
    cooking spray

Directions:
    1.Combine egg, egg whites, Cheddar cheese, ham, bell pepper, salt, and ground pepper in a microwave-safe mug coated with non-stick spray.
    2.Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Return to microwave and cook until eggs are completely set, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer.
  • mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the omelet in a mug idea. So easy!

Shrimp too - I love shrimp, even just cold. An easy no-cook option for those lazy nights for sure! I'm skeptical about microwaved shrimp, but I suppose I can't bash it 'till I try it...

Thanks guys. I have't found a George Foreman grill or crockpot yet (I own both at home, but boyfriend will need them while I'm gone so I've been looking at thrift stores for temporary replacements... plus our crockpot at home is HUGE and way more than I would ever need for even a week of food in that hotel).

Once I start actually trying these out, I'll update you all!