Nope, not giving that up...

Options
So what is everyone's no-nonsense I will not give up this item no matter what my lifestyle change requests. I'll start with...

...COFFEE. I drink one cup of coffee/cappucino every morning and I will not give it up for any reason.

Replies

• McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    red wine!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Coffee Creamer. Yes, there are healthier options but I only use 2 tbsp of it and it fits into my calorie goal. :drinker:
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    Anything.

Everything in moderation.
  • col443
    col443 Posts: 17
    Options
    Anything.

This!
  • jeccawest
    jeccawest Posts: 54
    Options
    beer... i will however limit it to only a couple on friday and saturday nights :D

and goldfish crackers.
  • Laurelthequeen
    Options
    Booze. I know that it's "empty" calories. I don't care. I love beer, wine, vodka, gin, whiskey.

I have severely cut back on my beer intake, and now only occasionally have a light beer when I want something fizzy, or will split a 22oz bottle of something good with hubby on special occasions.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Food.

Or drink.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Anything.

I agree.

I've found I can still have chips, but just a handful rather than carrying the bag around with me like a security blanket. I can also still have ice cream, but I put it in a coffee mug (on the rare occasion I eat it... I'm a fruit eater these days) rather than one of the big bowls.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    All the foods (and drinks) that I like. :smile:
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    BACON!!!!! I have limited it to Sunday morning though!
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So what is everyone's no-nonsense I will not give up this item no matter what my lifestyle change requests. I'll start with...

...COFFEE. I drink one cup of coffee/cappucino every morning and I will not give it up for any reason.

JESUS!!!! Not coffee!!! That's the one thing everyone SHOULD give up. Do you have any ideas how many calories are in a cup of coffee? Oh well..... You're just making things harder on yourself.
  • ImpossibleGrl
    Options
    The all of the everything.
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

JESUS!!!! Not coffee!!! That's the one thing everyone SHOULD give up. Do you have any ideas how many calories are in a cup of coffee? Oh well..... You're just making things harder on yourself.

Lol do you work in my doctor's office? She insists that Coffee is the root of all evil.
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Lol do you work in my doctor's office? She insists that Coffee is the root of all evil.

It's because it's so calorie dense.
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving anything up. I refuse to find myself in a situation where I am not allowed to have something. That is when I will start eating it and never stop. Dieting is what got me in to this position. I felt like I couldn't have anything if I wanted to lose weight, I'd fall off of the wagon because of severe cravings and gain 10 lbs.

If this is going to be my new lifestyle, I have to be able to have what I enjoy. I'm not saying I will have cake once a day, but I will have it once a month. And a bite of chocolate every few days. Maybe even a whole chocolate bar, but it will fit in to my daily calories.

That being said, I have changed some of my habits. I used to go to Timmy's and get a large steeped tea double double (7 weight watchers points- that's how I started my weight loss journey, on weight watchers) and I've now switched to a large steeped tea 2 milk and 1 sweetener for a total of 2 points. I no longer use the points system, but I have learned to like my tea that way, and it saves me calories and fat intake.
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Ummm how many calories are in a cup of black unsweetened coffee? MFP logs it as 10...I hope I've not been duped this entire time!
  • Sleekit
    Sleekit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Kudos to everyone who said everything in moderation. Life is too short to deprive yourself of treats now and again. And also, to the original poster.... I too, would never give up my coffee. Sweet nectar of life!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Also my never ever give up has to be cake! I would never eat a piece of chocolate, a potato chip or slice of bread ever again as long as I could still have my cake :)
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything in moderation if there are no health reasons to give something up. I have recently been told I have lactose intolerance so giving up most milk products. I more meant this topic as a line in the sand to people who don't understand the calories in and calories out and insist that _____________ fad diet is the only way to loose.
  • april3888
    april3888 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Coffee Creamer. Yes, there are healthier options but I only use 2 tbsp of it and it fits into my calorie goal. :drinker:

Same for me.