POOP?? does anyone know?

Options

Replies

• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I saw on Dr. Oz once that the more "S" shaped your poops are the healthier they are. I also have a book about poop (inside joke, long story) and apparently the healthiest poops are one-wipers. I think that going more than once a day as long as they aren't the gross liquidy kind (that means you've eaten something that doesn't agree with you and are likely on your way to dehydration. ALSO: I'm sorry for being so blunt). I know entirely too much about poop.

"S" shape!?! Like hovering over the bowl to make a design on a Latte'?

My name starts with a C

So 50% of the time when I poop I poop my first initial.

Then I'm writing in some lost foreign language!
  • Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    Options
    Did you know that the human body can hold up to 12lbs of poop?

Better eat your fiber and drink your waters!!!

450px-Constipation.JPG

see all the black spots???? POOP
  • Cliffslosinit
    Options
    I saw on Dr. Oz once that the more "S" shaped your poops are the healthier they are. I also have a book about poop (inside joke, long story) and apparently the healthiest poops are one-wipers. I think that going more than once a day as long as they aren't the gross liquidy kind (that means you've eaten something that doesn't agree with you and are likely on your way to dehydration. ALSO: I'm sorry for being so blunt). I know entirely too much about poop.

I'm going to try this. How should I log it? Cardio, or Strength?

Don't strain you'll get the roids! So Cardio....
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    69feef408fe834ccf3d575ae52a8e792.jpg
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

I disagree, unless you are straining so much it increases your heart rate, but that would probably be a different thread. This is definitely strength training and possibly agility.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

I pushed a baby out....things are already completely effed down there. :grumble: But I'll stick with Cardio, anyway. Got to work on my endurance.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Options

I pushed a baby out....things are already completely effed down there. :grumble: But I'll stick with Cardio, anyway. Got to work on my endurance.

*pauses for a moment of silence*
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

IS THAT HOW STEROIDS ARE MADE!?! I never knew that!
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    I worked in residential care for 6 yrs.....and part of that job is tracking residents bowel movements. Really...ya gotta chart the poo and the head nurse keeps an eye on the charts cuz poop is important (nope, not being sarcastic). Anyway according to our head nurse 1-3x a day= normal. More than 3 can indicate your diet needs adjusted ...ie maybe too much roughage. Going every other day, the diet may need adjusted ie...more fiber and water usually. And if only going every third day diet is definately way out of wack.

Hope this helps:wink:
  • luckyshilling
    Options

IS THAT HOW STEROIDS ARE MADE!?! I never knew that!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I usually go 1-3 x's a day. It's weird for me to not go at least once a day.

My husband is one of those timed poopers. He has to poop usually the same time every morning. lol Usually has to go again when he gets home from work. xD
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I'm just here for the TMI, and that adorable baby gif. I used to have a poop app on my ipod. Kinda wishin' I hadn't deleted it now.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    joe-dirt-has-crappy-luck-o.gif
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I'm just here for the TMI, and that adorable baby gif. I used to have a poop app on my ipod. Kinda wishin' I hadn't deleted it now.

I want a poop app!! Gonna go look for one next time I go poop. <.<
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    1-3x per day. Am I weird?

no it is not. I was told once that it is best to poop after every meal otherwise it is sitting inside your intestines and fermenting. I usually go at least twice a day. that is if I am eating enough whole grains, fruits, veggies and drinking enough water.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I want a poop app!! Gonna go look for one next time I go poop. <.<

It was a free one. You tell it what your poop looked like, and it'll tell you about your diet. It was pretty spot on. :smile:
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    Great question! I was glad to see some answers. When I started eating healthy my BMs decrease significantly and I was concerned about it. But glad to see I am now "normal" lol
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Perfectly normal.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Definition
    By Mayo Clinic staff

Digestive Health

Subscribe to our Digestive Health
    e-newsletter to stay up to date on digestive health topics.
    There's no generally accepted clinical definition for frequent bowel movements. Bowel habits vary widely among healthy people. Some healthy people may have three bowel movements per week, while others may have three per day.

Frequency or pattern of your bowel movements may change over time. But if nothing else about your bowel movements is different — no loose, watery stools, abdominal cramping or bloody stool — the change is probably not a sign of any illness.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I go between 1-3 times a day. Sometimes I'll skip a day, usually if I take paracetamol as it binds me. I'm never very regular - my boyfriend can more or less poop on schedule (cup of tea followed by toilet) but my habits are a bit all over the place. I eat veg and fruit and good fibre levels as well as plenty of water. That said, I didn't go for two weeks once and had to go to the emergency department for an enema - I do have lazy bowels though!