Did my first day of Couch to 5k :)

Options

Replies

• So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!!!

Next thing you know you'll be doing 5k's and half-marathons & stuff. It happened to me. Beware!!! :wink:
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Just finished W2 D2. Was much harder than w2d1 for some reason.

Must be the lifting heavy things between days.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Today was week 4 day 1 for me.

I LOVE IT! Stick with it and if you have to repeat a day or week, do it. I am thinking I will repeat next week, but I think I've said that since week 2 and I haven't had to yet haha.

Pacing is key. Don't start off too fast. I had to slow my pace a little bit this week to finish the running, but I kept running!
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I started C25K last winter and just ran my first official 5k last Saturday. I ran the whole thing and if it hadn't have been for the app I woulda been not even close to ready. Just started C210K yesterday. Basically picks up right from the C25K end of week 8. Congrats! I look forward to reading about how all your 5ks go!
  • nathanielnieman
    nathanielnieman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am on my 2nd month of doing it. I have been mixing it up some but ran/jogged my first mile with out stopping this week. Times are not were I want them to be but I am getting better. Ever week I try to get faster at my 5K.

My first run is next month...
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2 is tonight for me. I fear by week 4 I will be crawling to finish.

:embarassed:
  • suzanneism
    suzanneism Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on W2D3, which will be tomorrow. Not doing it as prescribed per the website, but my aunt is a running coach and she is walking me through a variation of it. Making it happen one week at a time!!! :)

I signed up for my first 5K, which will be June 15th.
  • LisaBoehnke
    LisaBoehnke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 day 1 today!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I did my first day today too! I didn't quite make all the running, but I'm amazed I did as much as I did.
  • nayla1984
    nayla1984 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm on W5 D3 which is warm up for 5 mins walking, then run for 20 mins straight, no walking breaks . I DID IT!!!!! woohoo :smile:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Nayla - congratulations. That is the biggest mental barrier you'll ever break through in running. Totally awesome job!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I love that you got cuts and brambles on day 1! Welcome to the addiction.

You need to start off at a low level so you can build up endurance. Its going to get a lot harder, quickly.
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well done!

Stick with it..... it DOES get easier!

I am on W4D3 tomorrow, I repeated week 4 too. You'll will be amazed how quickly your body adapts and soon you will find your stride.

Let us know how you get on ;)
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Ahh this is so awesome to hear all your success stories! Thanks for the inspiration :D OK so I did day 1 and day 2 one after the other, managed a break today even though I was raring to go out lol. I walked for 30 mins instead so still doing something. I'm wondering what to take up on my rest days.. perhaps Pilates or Yoga, or do you think weight lifting would be better? My main aim is losing 2 dress sizes, but being fit and toned is important x
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I did my first day today, intervals of 1 min run, 1 /12 min walk, 5 mins warm up and cool down. Managed to fall flat on my *kitten* over some brambles (note to self - pick less wild ground for next time!) and cut my leg OUCH! Felt a bit breathless after my 3rd run minute, but altogether was not at all bad. It doesn't seem like much, and feel a bit of a wuss starting at such a low level, but overall am proud I got out there and did it :D Looking forward to my next session the day after tomorrow.

Anyone else start today or recently? x

Yes, started today, too! I jogged in spurts on my way to the store (and a guy who had to be 90 years old slowly jogged past me, LOL, so if he can run, so can I). I plan to try it again within the hour.
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    a guy who had to be 90 years old slowly jogged past me, LOL,

LOL I love this! I had a similar experience last year when I took up bike riding again after 15 odd years -huffing and puffing my way down a cycle track thinking how well I was doing when two guys in their 60's, puffing on cigarettes while holding a full blown conversation, sailed past me on their ancient bikes!!!!
  • sjacks14
    sjacks14 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started today too! It kicked my butt. I walk about 15 miles per week. I wanted to take it to the next level so here I am!
  • WhosThirsty
    WhosThirsty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm on W5 D3 which is warm up for 5 mins walking, then run for 20 mins straight, no walking breaks . I DID IT!!!!! woohoo :smile:

AWESOME! So jelly!

I just finished W5D2 (Run 8, walk 5, run 8) earlier for the third time this week. That W5D3 is certainly daunting, but reading that you just got done with it makes me want to attempt it tomorrow. THANK YOU!
  • sugardaddy0331
    Options
    Congratulations and you are NOT a wuss!

I started with a similar program years ago and have since completed a half dozen marathons, triathlons, duathlons 5K, 10K blah blah blah - it gets addicting so stay with it.

I can't say it enough, when you start to go to races; Have Fun!

You motivate me Missfancy!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You'll be amazed by how fast you improve. I started in January, and am about to run my 3rd 5k race tomorrow. Keep at it!