"Healthy foods" VS "Homemade"

Options
I enjoy our homemade food and we've "divorced" fast food and MOST restaurants and soda. I eat according to my calories (staying under) and make sure to exercise a minimum of 4 times a week. We also watch our sodium levels closely.

I'm losing weight, but EVERYONE seems to be ranting about eating healthy and no sugar this or that, or fat free cheese (omg gross). I simply don't enjoy squash or green peppers or chicken or mushrooms, peas...etc.. lol

Isn't it possible to simply eat LESS, drink water, exercise regularly and still get to goal weight?? I can't see myself EVER making lasagna with low-fat or no-fat cheese! LOL

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Weight loss = less calories

You can lose weight and eat whatever you want.

That said, we need certain things for adequate health and nutrition. Veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean protein, healthy fats, etc. I'm not saying you have to eat foods you don't like - life is too short for that & fat free cheese is a joke - but experiment and try to find ways to enjoy "healthy" food.

I hate lettuce. I will not ever eat it. However, I like raw spinach. I eat spinach salads.

I also hate green beans. But I've learned that I like peas in stew. So, I get some greens that way. Raw tomatoes are gross to me.....but roast them in the oven with some Italian seasoning and I'll be all over that.

I figured that stuff out through trial and error. Keep experimenting and find some healthy stuff you like.