Any Carb Cutters Out There???

Options
Hi all! i was wondering if any of you have been cutting carbs, like i have been doing lately. I have been experiencing weight loss of a pound a day but it is super tough. I have been sticking to eating alot of the same foods, ie: eggs for breakfast and meat and veggies for dinner. Is there any yummy recipees that you guys have tried that is low on carbs? also i have been over everyday on the amount of fat that i eat, how can i balance it out???

Replies

• diallor
    diallor Posts: 8
    Options
    Try different ideas the day before and figure out something new. For example, lowfat American cheese with 2 slices or fat free turkey, roll it with a tomatoe and a dab of mustard, for breakfast. Count the carbs and count the calories.
    For lunch, try 3 oz of grilled chicken smothered in spinach and sprinkle with grated parmesean cheese, add a little cayenne for flavor beyond what's expected. Lastly, blackcherry sugar free jello with 1tbsp of low fat whipping cream. To fit in your water, try the sugar free wyler's packets, lemonade or orange flavors, usually compliment your meal.

These are few meals I like and so far have added the change I need. However, I did learn that there is a limit with the total number of calories for me to loose the wt. The low carb, must be low carb.

Have fun, Im doing fairly well, but feeling a little sluggish today.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Here is a website that I use for new ideas for low carb when I am wanting something "different"..........

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

For the most part, I stick with staple foods that I enjoy eating all the time. I am a pretty simple eater.

These are the foods I normally eat.............

Grass Fed Beef (steaks, hamburger and roast)
    Pork Steaks
    Chicken (leg quarters, wings and chicken breasts)
    Shrimp
    Catfish, flounder, cod, salmon and Tilapia
    Eggs

Lettuce (romaine and iceberg)
    Tomato
    Avocado
    Brocolli
    Cauliflower
    carrots
    red and green cabbage
    Yellow, red and green onions
    spagheti squash
    zucchini
    brussel sprouts
    fresh green beans
    Berries (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries)
    Apples
    celery
    red, green, orange bell peppers
    garlic

Nuts to include: raw almonds and walnuts, macadamia nuts
    Almond butter
    Fage whole fat greek yogurt
    heavy cream
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Try different ideas the day before and figure out something new. For example, lowfat American cheese with 2 slices or fat free turkey, roll it with a tomatoe and a dab of mustard, for breakfast. Count the carbs and count the calories.
    For lunch, try 3 oz of grilled chicken smothered in spinach and sprinkle with grated parmesean cheese, add a little cayenne for flavor beyond what's expected. Lastly, blackcherry sugar free jello with 1tbsp of low fat whipping cream. To fit in your water, try the sugar free wyler's packets, lemonade or orange flavors, usually compliment your meal.

These are few meals I like and so far have added the change I need. However, I did learn that there is a limit with the total number of calories for me to loose the wt. The low carb, must be low carb.

Have fun, Im doing fairly well, but feeling a little sluggish today.

If you are feeling sluggish, it sounds like you are not eating enough foods and doesn't look like enough veggies..........I eat veggies at every meal.
  • diallor
    diallor Posts: 8
    Options
    So far I have added more veggies for lunch and dinner, but I feel like I have hit a plateau and not getting past it. I'm not sure what to do next, however, I have increased my protein intake and added 2 more snacks such as fat free no sugar added yogurt and dry roasted peanuts. i think I may need to go back to the way I was doing it without these two added extras.

What do you think/

If you are feeling sluggish, it sounds like you are not eating enough foods and doesn't look like enough veggies..........I eat veggies at every meal.

[/quote]
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    So far I have added more veggies for lunch and dinner, but I feel like I have hit a plateau and not getting past it. I'm not sure what to do next, however, I have increased my protein intake and added 2 more snacks such as fat free no sugar added yogurt and dry roasted peanuts. i think I may need to go back to the way I was doing it without these two added extras.

What do you think/

[/quote]

Hi there. This is a suggestion since I switched plans. According to Atkins Nutritional Approach that I was previously doing, it allowed peanuts.

However the Primal Blue Print does not allow legumes of any kind, which peanuts are technically nuts.

I switched from peanuts to almonds, walnuts and macadamia nuts.

I eat Fage Greek Yogurt, the full fat variety.

What is your fat intake like? For me, optimal results is a higher fat, moderate protein and lower carbs. That keeps me full, energetic and feeling good as I drop the pounds.

I currently have some health issues going on that is making the weight loss extremely slow, but I am working with my doctors to get me lined back out.

Are you drinking enough water?

Are you exercising?
  • stephflo33
    stephflo33 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am a carb cutter, and have become very creative in my adventure. I have found tortilla shells with only 5g net carbs per shell. I love them! I use them for tacos of course, and bake one flat in the oven and use it as a pizza crust when I am craving pizza. I make pancakes with eggs and cream cheese (you have to bake them though, the batter is too thin to fry) and pair it them with sugar free jelly or sugar free syrup. Sugar free jello is an awesome low carb snack. Of course, eat veggies, veggies, veggies! All veggies are good sauteed in butter and a lil garlic powder added to the mix! Also, since my main focus is carbs, I don't even track my fat. It works for me.