FL in 2 weeks..NEED to lose some!

ash15nicole
ash15nicole Posts: 131
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Just booked a trip to FL with my boyfriend and it's only 2 weeks away!!! I know we will definitely be making trips to the beach and pool and I want to look good!! I am not expecting to reach my goal by then obviously but I want to at least look different! and feel GREAT in my bikini!

I am running (training for a marathon) and I just purchase INSANITY and it should be here in about 3 days...do you guys have any other suggestions for me to maximize my results in these next 2 weeks?!

I am also doing no sugar and no carbs!

I'm also hoping this will jumpstart an extreme weightloss/fitness kick in me!!! I think it will!!

Thanks for any help!! :)

Replies

• kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    I just started Insanity and I bet that two weeks will give you lots of help towards looking good for Florida. Only problem is that you'll probably want to take it with you so that you don't miss any workouts, it is amazing.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Me too! (Florida in 2 weeks that is - June 4). Yes, minimize carbs and sugars (even fruit) to give yourself a jump start. It's not sustainable for very long (no carbs or sugars other than grapefruit for a week is possible) b/c you’ll need carb energy eventually but you'll see 2 lb loss pretty quickly which will motivate you. You can do it!

I'm staying at the Hard Rock which has DVD players in the room on the concierge floor. Call your hotel to see if they have DVD players or bring one with you. I have a spare one in my closet - yea that’s weird isn't it? LOL!

If you ever want to trade copies of Insanity for ChaLean Extreme or any of the Turbo Jam collection, let me know - anyone!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    I'll be in Destin June 5th!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I'm not advocating the following for long term use but I tried it for 5 days, lost 3 lbs which was fun. Yes, its mostly water weight and I gained it back on day 6 (this was 2 months ago, before MFP) but I may try it again before Florida. Shhhhh don't tell the healthy people, lol!

The Grapefruit Diet

Breakfast
    1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened) – ½ cup juice
    2 Eggs (any style)
    2 Slices Bacon

Lunch
    1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened)
    Meat (any style, any amount)
    Salad (any kind of dressing)

Dinner
    1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened)
    Meat (any style, any amount) (fish may be substituted for meat)
    Vegetables (any green, yellow, or red vegetables cooked in butter or any seasoning)

Bed Time Snack
    1 glass tomato juice or 1 glass Skim milk

Vegetables Allowed
    Red onions, green onions, bell peppers, radishes, cucumbers, broccoli, spinach, lettuce, cabbage, carrots, peas.

Vegetables to Avoid
    White onions, potatoes, celery.

Rules
    1. 12 day diet, MUST take 2 days off before re-starting
    2. At any meal you may eat until you are full – until you can’t eat any more.
    3. Don’t eliminate anything from the diet, especially don’t skip bacon at breakfast or omit salads. It is the combination of foods that burn fat.
    4. The grapefruit is important because it acts as a catalyst that starts the burning process. (theory, reduces insulin levels and encourages weight loss)
    5. Cut down on caffeine- it affects the insulin balance that hinders the burning process. Try to limit to 1 cup per meal at mealtime.
    6. Don’t eat between meals. If you eat the combination of food suggested you will not be hungry.
    7. Note that the diet completely eliminates sugar and starches, which are lipids and form fat. Fat doesn’t form fat; it helps burn it. You can fry food in butter and use butter generously on vegetables.
    8. Do not eat desserts, bread, and white vegetables or sweet potatoes. You may double or triple helpings of meat, salad, or vegetables. Eat until you are stuffed. The more you eat of the proper combination of food, the more you lose.
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Shhhhh don't tell the healthy people, lol!

LOL!!! I'm saving this diet for when needed!
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    I'm going to Key West next weekend. I'm so scared I'm going to fall off my diet! I'd love to see what advice people give!
  • ash15nicole
    ash15nicole Posts: 131
    Looks like everyone is going on vaca!! :smokin:

Thanks Heather for that grapefruit diet!! I think I might do it!!! :bigsmile: and I am DEFINITELY taking Insanity with me!!
  • you guys are gonna love it down here in FL
This discussion has been closed.