females who wear make up

Options

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any make up usually unless going out for something special.
    Then I wear foundation, blush, tonnes of mascara lip gloss and maybe if I'm feeling it some eye shadow.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i wear makeup daily almost, but nothing fancy. a goldish light eye shadow, and black eyeliner on the bottom lid. sometimes matte mousse foundation but rarely.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    try to avoid this look, and you should be fine

tumblr_lye43p2g5C1qgb8pq.gif

I love that guy!
  • EEfromJersey
    EEfromJersey Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    No problem with females that wear no make up you know you don't want to look to ranger blue god forbid as red as a lobster in this doggie dog world :)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I wear my theatrical makeup, from the Kryolan store, very lightly. I know, it's an oxymoron to be lightly made up in stage makeup. But it stays put when I sweat.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    try to avoid this look, and you should be fine

tumblr_lye43p2g5C1qgb8pq.gif

You can only pull that look off if you're an executive transvestite.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i don't mind rocking the natural look....but in all my profile pics i have makeup on. On a normal night out i wear foundation, concealer, powder, blush,3 eyeshadows, eyelashes, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick....its not about how much makeup you wear but about how you apply it so you don't look like a clown
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Never wear it, you get what you see
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Go to a make-up counter at any department store. They will show you how to apply everything, and help you pick colors that work for you. They do it for free, and usually they're happy to help.

I agree! Sephora is also good. Or The Body Shop.

Ooooohh. I LOVE sephora. Their waterproof eyeliner pencils are AMAZING. I'm crazy about the silver and the sparkly black. http://www.sephora.com/retractable-waterproof-eyeliner-P230234?skuId=1118033

I also highly recommend the Urban Decay Eyeshadow potion. I thought it was total nonsense and that a drop of lotion or concealer worked just as well. I tried it once. My eyeshadow lasted through 18 hours of anime convention and NEVER needed a touch up. Looked just as perfect as when it was applied. http://www.sephora.com/eyeshadow-primer-potion-tube-original-P284716?skuId=1325547

I'm not much of a face make-up wearer myself (make-up makes me break out and my skin is flawless thanks to a dermatologist so why would I cover it up), but I do love my eye make-up.
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Some girls wear to much make up while others don't wear enough

SOME OF US DON'T WEAR MAKEUP TO IMPRESS MEN :)

to the OP: check out Michelle Phan on youtube, her tutorials are brilliant and you have a HUGE range of looks to choose from with concise instructions! :)
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I think it's interesting that people are giving advice on how to wear make up. It's a self expression thing.

Somedays I'm all:

glitter-make-up.jpg

somedays I'm like:

VOGUE-Turkey-December-2011-goth-makeup.jpg

but mostly I'm

bernie1_720x480.jpg

or

perfume_2.jpg
  • HunkHunkOfLove
    Options
    I would love to befriend females who wear make up. I bought me a big make up case and manicure set. I've always wanted to wear make up and pamper myself. this will be my first time wearing it so I would love to be friend women who wear it and can give me beauty tips. yes I am totally serious on this.
    Women are weird.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I wear it every single day, depends on my mood and where I am going. Somedays I am over the top dramatic (most days LOL), other days it's just BB cream and mascara. You can check my profile for pics.
  • fabulara
    fabulara Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I LOVE makeup! I usually put some foundation, bronzer (to make my cheeks look thinner),cat eyeliner,mascara and sometimes pink or red lipstick(but usually just lip balm).It's definitely my favorite look,I mean,it's timeless really.
    Also,I've learned everything from Youtube makeup gurus.Check out Andreaschoice, gossmakeupartist, Tanya Burr, vintageortacky and kandeejohnson.
    I'm sure there are a lot more youtube gurus worth of attention,but these are my favorite.
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I wear make up occasionally, but really I get all of my makeup tips from Youtube... Check out Makeupgeek... Simply Marlena I think... She's so pretty also lost over 100 pounds and gives clothing tips for curvy girls...

^^THIS!!!^^ I LOVE MakeupGeek!
  • vampvegan
    vampvegan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love makeup! cruelty free of course and there are so many amazing products, even in the gym you'll find me with some liner, gloss and mascara. Anyone have a brow powder or eyebrow pencil that stays put? I always seem to sweat my brows off....:embarassed:
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew how to apply makeup flawlessly like others. I end up looking like a beat up prostitute. :sad:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew how to apply makeup flawlessly like others. I end up looking like a beat up prostitute. :sad:

Practice, honey, practice! lol And lots of YouTube tutorials! It's not hard once you get the hang of it!

And I think once you learn how to apply all the essentials, you should play around with different colors and different styles. There is more than one style of makeup, sometimes I like things fairly simple, and other days I like things dramatic (see ,y profile pics, if it lets you!) Sure, some colors or styles may not look good on you, but you live and you learn. The only time you can truly fail is when you don't try at all, right? :)
  • iamabutterflychaser
    iamabutterflychaser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I loved seeing your post, as I am a huge makeup lover. I have been wearing makeup just about every day since I was like 15 or 16. I get complimented quite frequently on my eye makeup especially. I usually tell people that when you've had that much practice at something you're bound to get good (I will be 29 in a few months). One of my favorite people on youtube is emilynoel83. I just discovered her last year and I have learned so much from her videos. She does a lot of tutorials and reviews of a wide assortment of products (from drug store to high end), so it really great if you want to learn about all of those things. You can also friend me if you'd like.

Congrats on your amazing weight loss success!