Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cheat Days

lexicalabrese
lexicalabrese Posts: 200 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Do you give yourself a cheat day every week? Or do you only give yourself one a month/biweekly/etc?

I am a consultant for a direct sales company and I worked a booth at a county fair this weekend...I ate fair food just about every day during the whole 4 days and somehow...I am DOWN a pound!

I swear, every time I take a cheat day I notice a drastic weight loss the next week. I can't say I'm complaining, just curious if anybody else has had this happen :)

Replies

• emay45
    emay45 Posts: 32 Member
    I try not to do too many cheat days, but a couple of times I skipped going to the gym for a week and I still ended up losing weight both times.
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    I do a cheat day every week, sometimes 2. I read something once that said if you eat healthy & exercise 80% of the time & cheat 20% of the time you will still lose weight & be healthy. You have to remember that it's only when you over eat or eat the wrong stuff & don't exercise EVERYDAY that you gain weight.
  • lexicalabrese
    I guess I mean with food...I still exercise as much as I should. But on Sundays I have get-together's with my girlfriends and always end up cheating on that day.

But my exercise I never flake on!
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Our bodies are amazing... if you pay close attention to them when you put crap into them or overeat once in awhile your heart rate might increase along with your body temperature. However, if we do this too frequently the mechanism that makes this happen will basically disable itself. I would keep cheats to one-two meals/week. Don't devote an entire day to cheating.
  • lexicalabrese
    Our bodies are amazing... if you pay close attention to them when you put crap into them or overeat once in awhile your heart rate might increase along with your body temperature. However, if we do this too frequently the mechanism that makes this happen will basically disable itself. I would keep cheats to one-two meals/week. Don't devote an entire day to cheating.

Yeah I don't cheat the WHOLE day, but I do let myself slack a bit on certain days :happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    I just shoot for 90% good. If I try to be perfect, I let myself down everytime. I am still losing with 90% good. But, I log everything and try not to go "hog wild!" :laugh: I read somewhere that it is good to keep your body guessing. I too have noticed when I switch things up sometimes that is when a loss shows up. Listen to your body and be kind to yourself. You are worth it! :heart:

Book Club starts tomorrow! Want to join me? Go here to find out more about it. Would love to have you accompany on a journey through "Women, Food and God," a book written by and intended for emotional eaters. That is me...errr....was me! :flowerforyou:

All the best !
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    I usually do a cheat day or a couple cheat meals a week. I have found when I do a cheat and go ahead a log calories that I am usually just over or just under . I just can't stuff it in like I used to on a cheat and I like it.:love:
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    I do a cheat day every week, sometimes 2. I read something once that said if you eat healthy & exercise 80% of the time & cheat 20% of the time you will still lose weight & be healthy. You have to remember that it's only when you over eat or eat the wrong stuff & don't exercise EVERYDAY that you gain weight.

I think I missed the memo on the exercise everyday part! ugh! ... guess I need to add that to my list of things to do! haha
  • vinjama
    vinjama Posts: 52
    I cheat once a week. It's good for you. Throws the metabolism off in a good way and allows you to enjoy the crap you might of eaten on a daily basis.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I do cheat days off and on.......like I'll go weeks without and then a few weeks in a row I'll have cheat night when we watch a movie. I think they are good for you. I tend to lose more with cheats.....as long as they don't get too frequent or arent' too big of a cheat.
  • Right now I am committed to serious poundage loss .. so I haven't allowed myself to cheat once .. not once. Okay I lied .. I had German chocolate cake and Neapolitan ice cream on Mother's Day .. but that's it.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Once a week for me. I try to keep the same breakfast and lunch calories and then I eat whatever I want for supper, but I don't log anything (cheat days shouldn't be guilty, and for me, seeing a red calorie number makes me feel super guilty). That's also my "no exercise" day, and I find even one day of complete rest makes me feel strong and ready for the next week (enough time to get rid of any sore muscles).
This discussion has been closed.