Walmart.com Fraud

Options
2»

Replies

• Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just went to the Walmart.com site and both my credit card were on it! I deleted them! Thanks for the reminder :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for posting just made me do something I knew I had to do but would stall. Change all my passwords to my accounts. Hopes that gets resolved for ya soon!
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    While that sucks, that is why you don't ever shop on networks that are not secure or give out your debit card info to a site.

If you must shop online, either use a real credit card or use paypal or something.

Your lucky the bank is refunding your money.. they generally don't for debit cards.

Just a heads up. You should always use your debit card as a credit card. That way you dont have to reveal your pin and you have all the protection of a credit card.

If someone gets the pin they can wipe your entire bank account out & you are SOL.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    While that sucks, that is why you don't ever shop on networks that are not secure or give out your debit card info to a site.

If you must shop online, either use a real credit card or use paypal or something.

Your lucky the bank is refunding your money.. they generally don't for debit cards.

Just a heads up. You should always use your debit card as a credit card. That way you dont have to reveal your pin and you have all the protection of a credit card.

If someone gets the pin they can wipe your entire bank account out & you are SOL.

This is only true if your bank is absolutely terrible. Mine flags suspicious debit card transactions and calls me before they approve them. They also have a zero liability policy for fraudulent debit or credit purchases. I've had both happen, and they have been fantastic about making it right.
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options
    I always use mine as a credit card. Even on Walmart.com. It was just since my checking and savings were linked, they just kept clicking "buy" until the money ran out.