Roller Coaster of Emotions...

Options
Ok so some days I look back on the fact that I have lost 22lbs so far and I feel great about it, or the fact that i've gone down 2 pant sizes(4inches in my waist) and feel great... but then the other day i tried on an old pair of pants from before I started loosing weight and they seemed like they were only a little big on me and I was dissapointed. I know i'm doing good, there are measurable ways to see this but I still get frustrated that i've not lost more....I hate this...I KNOW that I didn't put this weight on over night and I KNOW that i am not going to take it off over night! Am I the only one who is so all over the place emotionally?

Replies

• BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Heck no girl! We're all weirded out and having a hard time! Losing weight is hard because its 99% mental. Thats why so many of us lose and gain the same weight over and over - until we get our emotions and mental state together! If I were going to write a book, it would be called, "All your fat is in your head". If it were just a matter of behaving for awhile, we'd all be thin. But we eat for all kinds of reasons. Being overweight is very complicated, really. And, if you stay fat long enough, it starts to be your identity and getting rid of some fat becomes more than just a few months of exercise, its re-inventing yourself! SCARY! No wonder people feel like they're on an emotional roller coaster!