Craving Sweets

Options
I am just starting. And I crave sweets. I rather have a homemade chocolate chip cookie versus fruit or a yogurt.. What do you do when you are looking for something sweet to eat?

Replies

• Laurelthequeen
    Options
    Dark dark chocolate. It only takes a little to have "too much" and it's very satisfying. If I'm feeling particularly needy, I will sometimes eat it with cut up strawberries.

OR - this is one of my favorites - frozen blueberries or raspberries, topped with just a little sugar (or splenda if you're into that) topped with full fat milk. I let it sit for 5 minutes or so to get kind of frozen, then I smush it up and eat it like runny ice cream.
  • mg121361
    mg121361 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put a frozen banana in the food processor with a tablespoon of either natural peanut butter or unsweetened cocoa powder and a little bit of soy milk. Blend until smooth. You will swear you are eating soft-serve ice cream. Very, very satisfying.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Chocolate sauce and nuts on fruit, graham cracker and nutella, a small version of an indulgent dessert, frozen yogurt. Just have a portion that fits in your calories if you are craving it.....if not you will probably splurge and go on a cookie bender.
  • FitWendi
    FitWendi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am craving something sweet too. I am not sure what to eat. The frozen banana "ice cream' thing sounds good. I would eat a piece of dark chocolate, but I don't have any. I like to eat the dove dark chocolate but I can't have it in the house until I have been on my diet for awhile. If I have it too soon I will eat the whole bag.
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I bought Skinny Cow - Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bar and cut it up and top it with 1/2 cup of strawberries ....best desert ever and it's only 124 calories :)
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein ... greek yogurt. Craving sweets, what I have come to understand from the reactive hypo, is your body's signal for low blood sugar. Eating some protein and a little bit of carbs and fats will reduce/eliminate the cravings. Some examples: greek yogurt + nuts; eggs; low gi vegetables + hummus; low gi fruits + almond butter