How MFP is helping me! What's your story?

Options
Today, I found a new reason to be proud of myself. A week and a half after making some changes in my daily life style thanks to MyFitnessPal.. I'm already noticing things are improving! I went from 2660 calories down to 1660 a day. That's a big step for me, especially since I have never ever ever been one to count calories..

Last night was a turning point for me. I'm 5'8 and when I weighed in right before starting MFP I was at 293.7lbs :( Some of that is still baby weight from my pregnancy, but non of it is an excuse.. I have been fighting some kind of virus for almost two weeks now, and I have a horrible cough.. Yesterday I just wasn't hungry and my throat hurt so I didn't eat anything all day long.

Last night, I decided my throat was okay enough to finally eat, and since I hadn't eaten anything all day I decided to make a box of mac n cheese for dinner. I also had 1cup of chocolate milk with it. (I measured!) -- I know, total pig out moment but I felt like I was finally starving at that point so I went for it..

Whilst I was eating, I realized suddenly that I didn't want anymore food. I had drank my milk and I had eaten 2/3rd the amount of food I made. A fully prepared box serves 3 cups. I only managed about 1 1/2 - 2 cups at most.

I was shocked! The old me would of had the mind set of "There is just a little left, I'll just eat it anyway!" But not now... Last night. the first thing I thought of was "Wow, I'm already full... and I just saved like 400 extra calories. I'll put it away for later." I know that isnt anything special, but for me its a HUGE deal! I have NEVER naturally had the mind set to turn away food, not since being so heavily over weight anyway...

Then today, I didn't have breakfast because I slept in too late (again, sick)-- but for lunch I scrambled 3 eggs and put it on 2 slices of bread to make a sandwhich out of it. If that had of been me just 2 1/2 -3 weeks ago I would of made two or three sandwhiches! But WOW! Again, after just the one sandwhich and a glass of Great Value Flavored Water Fruit Punch flavor..

I'm FULL!

It's so exciting for me because it shows that even though I'm taking baby steps it's starting to make a difference!! I think for once in a long, long, looong time... I'm finally back on the right track...

Anyone else owe MFP so much after such a short time? :)

Replies

• LisaInUP
    LisaInUP Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was surprised by how many calories I was really eating per day. Now I can check for "swaps", so I'll eat a big salad for lots of crunch satisfaction & fiber fullness instead of potato chips or other junk.
    Keep at it.. it gets easier.

Happy Progress!
  • ac_boubou
    ac_boubou Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You'll see, soon that you will progress even more. Of course, there is time that are rough, but you will be able to handle it. I can tell that I felt the same. I had to change the way I eat (high blood pressure issues), and now there's some food I cannot stand anymore! Same thing for workout, if you keep going on, the progress are amazing.

Let's go! you are on the good way!