ViSalus Body by Vi

Options
13»

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Waste of money.........also it is my understanding ......." If you lose 1 pound you can not get your money back. So if you are a little bloated the first day you weigh in or maybe constipated then you weigh in at losing 1LB you in fact have not lost anything but yet you are out of you money." Or have they changed that?

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/visalus-scam/

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have used this and here is my take on it. I like the shakes taste especially when you add instant sf/ff pudding mix to it for thickness. I like that it has vitamins because I have a difficult time swallowing pills, they either get stuck or I gag a lot. What I DON"T like about it is the reps that call once a month for reorders or to con me into getting 3 of my friends to buy it so mine is free. It's deceptive and shady to me. I have found that SAMS club sells a powder very similar (actually has a higher % of vitamins) to the BBV and it's around 20 - 25 dollars. Considerably less than the BBV. Shop around, you can buy a cheaper mix elsewhere and if you're going to add flavors to it anyway, why pay more for mix that smells like cake batter?
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have used this and here is my take on it. I like the shakes taste especially when you add instant sf/ff pudding mix to it for thickness. I like that it has vitamins because I have a difficult time swallowing pills, they either get stuck or I gag a lot. What I DON"T like about it is the reps that call once a month for reorders or to con me into getting 3 of my friends to buy it so mine is free. It's deceptive and shady to me. I have found that SAMS club sells a powder very similar (actually has a higher % of vitamins) to the BBV and it's around 20 - 25 dollars. Considerably less than the BBV. Shop around, you can buy a cheaper mix elsewhere and if you're going to add flavors to it anyway, why pay more for mix that smells like cake batter?

Maybe this depends on your rep? Mine is pretty hands off. I have been doing the shakes since November and she has contacted me once to check in on my progress. I have never sold the product or referred anyone and I have never been pressured to either.
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Waste of money.........also it is my understanding ......." If you lose 1 pound you can not get your money back. So if you are a little bloated the first day you weigh in or maybe constipated then you weigh in at losing 1LB you in fact have not lost anything but yet you are out of you money." Or have they changed that?

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/visalus-scam/

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/

I will admit, I am not sure about the logistics as I have never needed the 90-day money back guarantee and am not a rep.

This is what the website says:

Guarantee is available if you are a ViSalus Customer or Promoter who:
    •Purchases a Challenge Kit and uses products as directed for 90 days
    •“Go public” with your Challenge goal at Challenge.com (There is a website where you log goals, weight and inches lost, etc.)
    •If you are not satisfied with your Challenge results after completing the above steps, give us a call at (877) VISALUS within 10 days of completing your challenge.

Program Rules: Available to new Customers & Promoters who enrolled after January 1st, 2013, and is limited to an individual’s first 90 days of Challenge Kit orders.

Maximum refund of 3 auto-shipped Challenge Kits per person. Refund applies to Challenge Kits only and cannot be applied to additional product purchases.

Money-Back Guarantee excludes shipping. If a Promoter exercises the guarantee, they will forfeit their Promotership. Billing name and address must match Customer/Promoter shipping name and address. In order to process the refund, a Customer/Promoter will be asked to complete and return 90-Day Guarantee Verification Card.

Requests must be submitted via phone within 10 days from the end of the 90-Day Challenge. Must complete 90 Days, otherwise standard refund policy applies. Please call (877) ViSALUS if you would like to request your refund. Qualification criteria are subject to change.
  • Wetcoaster
    Options
    Dont waste your money.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    MLM scam. Plus, it doesn't teach you how to eat. Unless you plan on drinking shakes for the rest of your life, pass.

Also, if you want a shake as a meal or a snack, protein powder and fruit to blend with it is much less expensive.

Its no scam!!! It is protein powder! Its wonderful!
    And in the same thread you asked people to "PM you if they need help."

Let's play Spot the Shake Shiller Trying to Be Subtle.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    It is another meal replacement shake, Has alot of fake stuff andf frankenfood in it. aspartame, and junk, however they say it tastes like cake mix, alot of soy as well. If you are a man you could grow man tits!
  • Wetcoaster
    Options
    http://securities.stanford.edu/1049/BTH00_01/2013412_r01c_12CV01597.pdf

Pretty eye opening for those who think they can get rich by selling this crap.
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know a few people who drink that stuff and honestly it doesn't look like it has helped any of them. I have had them try to push it on for they could get their free month supply..I tried a free sample and I thought it tasted gross and nothing like cake mix.
  • can52398
    can52398 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds in 1 month last summer. I found it really easy to do since I was not working. Once I went back to work, I found it really hard to make the shakes for lunch. if you google visalus recipes there are a ton of really good ones with fruit, peanut butter, coffee, etc. Like anything though it is not magic and you still have to eat right the rest of the day and the key to any weight loss program is exercise. I still have some left and every once in a while I will make the shake for breakfast. I really truly only bought it to support a friend and I do like it but having to clean the blender all the time was/is a pain. I also had a really hard time with customer service when I tried to return a bag they sent me after I canceled my recurring order status.
  • Briashea44
    Options
    i used it for awhile but I starved with it. I was hungry within an hour of drinking it. It was a delicious dessert for me lol
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    the people that encourage this are usually those who are trying to promote/sell it lol.

It became a trend in my city and people told me I should try it with them cause I said I wanted to lose weight. I declined. I am 1 lbs from my goal weight as of this morning :) I'll save my money and skip the fads :)
  • sr291131
    sr291131 Posts: 1
    Options