Obie the dachshund! Pics!

Options
If he can do it, so can we!!

SW: 77
CW: 40

He's going in for a doggy tummy tuck for his extra skin soon!

303ijxh.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/BiggestLoserDoxieEdition

Replies

• fancycatlady
    fancycatlady Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love!
  • lisamlc
    lisamlc Posts: 61
    Options
    So cute!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    does that dachsund even lift?
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    does that dachsund even lift?

Hahahha!

When he was too heavy to walk for exercise, they would put him in the bathtub so his fat would float and he could scoot around!!!

Clearly, he didn't get into NROLFD (new rules of lifting for doxies) otherwise he wouldn't have that loose skin!!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    Options
    Also, his treat now is carrots, which I think is so freaking cute.
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Its disgusting that his previous owner let him get that big in the first place but he looks so healthy now! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Bikini_by_30
    Bikini_by_30 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awwww adorable!! :heart:
  • squirrelzzrule22
    Options
    Its disgusting that his previous owner let him get that big in the first place but he looks so healthy now! Thanks for sharing :)

Yah, apparently they were elderly and couldn't properly care for him...just fed him to show love. But they did the right thing in giving him up!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    How did he not blow up?! I've had some fat foster dogs that I got down to normal size. I'd never thought about dogs having loose skin, but it does go back to normal after a while. None were that overweight though, sweet googley moogley! Great job you did there!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    Options
    How did he not blow up?! I've had some fat foster dogs that I got down to normal size. I'd never thought about dogs having loose skin, but it does go back to normal after a while. None were that overweight though, sweet googley moogley! Great job you did there!

Just want to clarify I'm not his owner, just an adoring fan. The link will take you to a page about how his owner helped him lose the weight!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Awh, poor doggy! He looks so much happier, now!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    He's going for a doggy tummy tuck, that's adorable. :bigsmile:
    I bet Obie feels so much healthier and happier :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Just want to clarify I'm not his owner, just an adoring fan. The link will take you to a page about how his owner helped him lose the weight!

Oh, I thought you were the new owner! I'll have to check out the link.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    That boy is lucky someone stepped up to help him. I don't know how the owners could think that was ok. :frown:
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    OMG just wow
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've been following this story from the beginning. I agree: if he can do it, then we definitely can!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Aww that poor baby. So glad someone finally took care of him. :frown:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    So adorable! WTG Obie!

I have a chiweenie, but she's a picky eater. Skips meals all the time. I had to put meat fat on her food just to get her to eat regularly and gain a little weight. I didn't want to pet a furry bag of bones.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Oh good, I've wondered how he was doing in is weight loss.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Also, his treat now is carrots, which I think is so freaking cute.

That is actually what I give my labs for treats also... Everytime I try to peel me some carrots they are sitting right there waiting for theirs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!