Kinda new to site...

Options
Rhonnie
Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
I've been lurking for a few weeks now, but I have only just now filled out my profile and such. I also lurked for a couple weeks back in December, before the holiday craziness took over my online time.

While I of course want to be healthy and look good, the driving force behind my actually changing my life style is the need to lose weight in order to play soccer with the speed and intensity I want without pain in my knee. I've always been athletic, but never thin. I lived with this and never 'dieted' or did anything else to be healthier. But I've had 2 knee surgeries in one year and wasn't able to play soccer for awhile (which is my only consistent form of exercise... I usually play about 4-5 games a week). I added about 15 lbs to the extra 20 lbs I already carried during the time I wasn't able to play. Now I'm in this vicious circle of not being able to play with the intensity I want because of the extra weight on my knee, but I haven't been able to get the extra weight off because I can't play. So that leaves changing my eating habits (or lack of eating habits in some cases) to get the ball rolling.

The other change I'm trying to make is to add some weight training to my schedule. I have the endurance to play 2, even 3 soccer games back to back, yet I do not lose any weight - my body has obviously figured out how to get me through a soccer game. I need to jump start the system with some other kind of activity. I received a free 2 week pass for a boot camp workout... 1/2 an hour in boot camp was all it took to show me how 'specialized' my endurance was!

During my 'lurking' I've been reading posts and blogs and have loved the since of community and encouragement that is shared by everyone.

We can do it!

Replies

• pamflannery
    Options
    Hey Rhonnie
    Welcome to the site. I'm fairly new myself but I find from other sites that I'm on that keeping a log really helps you to achieve what you're after .. that combined with the encouragement from everyone on the site will keep you motivated :)

Best of luck with it :D
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome!