30 Day Squat Question

Options
I am starting the 30 day squat challenge on day 5 and I am wondering if when you get to 100+ can you do some in the morning and some at night?

Replies

• tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I did 110 front loading squats with 20lb weights today at the gym.

Yesterday I did 105....70 at gym with loaded bar at various weights and 35 at home using only body weight.

Split them up through the day if you need to but I would try to do as many as you can in each session.
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Okay good to know just the workout video I am doing right now is nothing but squats and lunges so this on top of it is easy right now at 60 but at 200 I think it will be tough. Just wondering if you get the same benefit if you split them up?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

Yesterday I did 105....70 at gym with loaded bar at various weights and 35 at home using only body weight.

Split them up through the day if you need to but I would try to do as many as you can in each session.

If you have access to weights then you will be better off doing weighted squats in a more traditional weightlifting fashion than doing the 30 Day Squat Challenge. Doing barbell squats with a heavy weight, gradually increasing the load (not the amount of reps) as you get stronger will show you far better results. The 30 Day Squat challenge is meant as a bodyweight-only alternative for people who do not have access to weights, and it is not quite as good.
  • peachypie1984
    peachypie1984 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Absolutely you can split them! You don't have to do them consecutively. But as PP said, try to do as many as you can in one go. But don't kill yourself lol. Ive been doing them with just 3 lb weights in each hand. Good god how do people do it with big weights?!?!?! lol
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options

If you have access to weights then you will be better off doing weighted squats in a more traditional weightlifting fashion than doing the 30 Day Squat Challenge. Doing barbell squats with a heavy weight, gradually increasing the load (not the amount of reps) as you get stronger will show you far better results. The 30 Day Squat challenge is meant as a bodyweight-only alternative for people who do not have access to weights, and it is not quite as good.

I do use the gym and usually do the weighted bar with fewer reps. Friend asked me to do this challenge and I agreed, so on top of my weighted squats I added on extras to make the 105. I do sets of 5 and go up in weight each time. Yesterday started at 20lbs and went up to 70lbs. I know that using more weight is best!
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You should really try to do them within the same workout session. Its a bit about muscle fatigue and you also need the recovery time. I bet you'll be fine just take it slow.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Absolutely you can split them! You don't have to do them consecutively. But as PP said, try to do as many as you can in one go. But don't kill yourself lol. Ive been doing them with just 3 lb weights in each hand. Good god how do people do it with big weights?!?!?! lol

You don't. For big weights you do much fewer reps which is more beneficial to the body.