Bad Idea

Options
I have Zombies, Run! on my phone. love it. havent played in months due to weather.

So i strap on my snazzy armband and my snazzy hrm. I put in my biohazard earbuds.

Its gorgeous today, and my fat dogs looked bored. "Theyre fat dogs. Not like we'll get past a jog."
So on go the leashes. Green for shepherd husky Parker. Pink for shepherd husky Harley Quinn. Black for pitbull curr Rogue.

I hit START MISSION and open the door. Green leaves, blue sky. Aahhhhhh.

We walk and they potty. The voice overs speak. The dogs wag their tails. Life is good.

Then the first ZOMBIES:100 METERS kicks on. Groans. HORROR.
So i start to jog. Rogue decides she wants to keep walking and cranks my left arm behind my back-refusing to go faster. Parker trots like a buggy horse directly beside me before planting his feet DEAD to pee. Harley loses her bleeding mind and rockets forwatd, backward, and side to side-chomping every flipping stick and blade of grass possible at a sprint.

We finally regulate, with Rogue begrudglingly trotting 100000 feet behind us, Parker so close he cant think of peeing, and Harley phasing between lunging forward and walking. ZOMBIES EVADED.

My heart rate is maxed and im sucking wind (upper body workout?).

We resume walking. Minutes later WARNING ZOMBIES 100 METERS.

by the fifth zombie attack, i have been deadlegged, tripped, yanked, dragged, dislocated, and peed on.

The zombies won.

And my dogs are on their own during the apocalypse.

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the LOL.
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What's the actual name of that game?
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    laughing so hard im almost crying
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    LOVE this. You're a great writer.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    What's the actual name of that game?
    Zombies, Run!

the icon on mine is a black and red box wiith hands reaching up to a running guy.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks for the laugh! Sorry the zombies won tho!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't imagine trying it with 3 dogs the invisible zombies are going to eat you and them everytime. Now if only the dogs could see the zombies you make have a chance for survival.
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Got to try this app. It's sounds hilarious!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA....

This is great...also a reason why if I take the pups for a run it is only at Shelby Farms Dog Park...then I don't have to worry about the deadlegged, tripped, peed on, yanked, and face planted me...oh wait..I have a Blue Heeler that always decides I am not running fast enough so jumps and pushes my butt to go faster.....

But in the end, she is one of my biggest fans so it just makes me smile.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    ugh! freakin dogs!! LOL that was funny though...
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I was laughing so hard, tears started rolling! Thank you for the great laugh. You are an entertaining writer!
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Establish yourself as the pack leader, and it will solve the problem =)
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    HAHAHA....

This is great...also a reason why if I take the pups for a run it is only at Shelby Farms Dog Park...then I don't have to worry about the deadlegged, tripped, peed on, yanked, and face planted me...oh wait..I have a Blue Heeler that always decides I am not running fast enough so jumps and pushes my butt to go faster.....

But in the end, she is one of my biggest fans so it just makes me smile.

i adore my dogs-but towards the end i was wondering if its abusive to tie them all together so they will all drag the same direction! my neighbors think im insane, i was yelling at my dogs, "I SWEAR I WILL ROAST YOUR LEGS IN A REAL ZOMBIE APOCSLYPSE!"
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Haha! Bad idea, GREAT story!!
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Establish yourself as the pack leader, and it will solve the problem =)
    i should introduce you to my dogs....they own this house and we all know it ;) (except the cats. shhh....dont tell them, ill get in trouble!)
  • christy3565
    christy3565 Posts: 349
    Options
    This is great!! I laughed so loud in my cubicle I had a coworker peek around to see what was up. Thanks for the laugh!!
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Literally laughing out loud, too funny!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the chuckle!
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the laugh! I am sure my office neighbours are wondering if I've lost it! I must try this app on my phone!!!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    hehe i love that app