Question about strength training updates

tripray
tripray Posts: 10 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Why does the site not show calories burned for strength training such as weight lifting or abdominal exercises? I know it burns calories but the site doesn't show it like on cardio. Thanks!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    It does, log "strength training" under the cardio section to get cals burned.
  • tripray
    Perfect thanks!
  • tripray
    When i try to find strength training and other exercises in the cardio section it doesn't find them. Do I have to create the strength training exercises from scratch? If so where do I find out how many calories a particualr exercise burns? Sorry I am dense this morning.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 315 Member
    Strength training is listed. You just input your minutes & it calculates it.
  • tripray
    OK. I get it now. It doesn't break out the various exercises but rather just lumps them all together and tracks it based on time as opposed to # or sets or type of exercise or amount of weight. That doesn't seem to really capture the essence of the strength training but it is better than nothing. Thanks!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    OK. I get it now. It doesn't break out the various exercises but rather just lumps them all together and tracks it based on time as opposed to # or sets or type of exercise or amount of weight. That doesn't seem to really capture the essence of the strength training but it is better than nothing. Thanks!

There is no way to "capture the essence of strength training" in a table or formula that is generalizable to the greater population. That's why it is not listed. Too many variables. Personally, I don't even bother to track strength training calories, unless I am doing an overall metabolic workout, and even then I just use it as a rough (very rough) estimate to remind me to make sure I eat something afterwards.
This discussion has been closed.