Not much..but yay!

Options
bridget1103
bridget1103 Posts: 14 Member
Yesterday was my first day with MFP-and I logged EVERY bite in. I did come over, but it's ok. Now I know where I have to change some things and make adjustments. Yesterday was a VERY long day-and I was a little unprepared for how long it was. Today I have stuff incase I get stuck.

I'm proud of myself because I didn't stop logging even when I knew I was going to go over. I came over 300 cal, but in the long run I learned a lot.

:wink:

Replies

• Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good for you for your honesty!! Every time I balk at putting something in my calorie count because I know I'm going to go over for the day, or am embarrassed because yes, I really did eat 1.5 cups of ice cream, I remind myself that the only person I'm lying to and trying to deceive is myself - the only person I'm letting down is me. Better to be honest, go over for the day and learn to do better tomorrow than to lie to myself and pretend that I'm not!
  • galelynn57
    galelynn57 Posts: 9
    Options
    Great job! You'll get the hang of it!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Good job, way to stick to it. Trust me, it gets a whole lot easier. It takes some time but it really does. Good luck!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job Hun!!!! It took me a few days to get the ball rolling when I first started so you're doing great!!!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    For me it was being able to keep the diary secret was prime reason I was so honest with myself. I think if I had opened it up to friends or everyone I wouldn't have been so honest.

I was in shock when I saw just how badly I had been eating and how over I was going every day. Even when I thought I was eating healthy it was the diary on here that showed those so-called healthy foods were actually packed with other nasty stuff.

This site is the most amazing tool for weight loss and many, many people (myself included) have successfully lost an awful lot of weight because of it.

Stay honest, spot patterns to change, spot the not-so-healthy health foods and you will succeed. I wish you the best of luck because it is a fascinating journey once you get going :flowerforyou:
  • IceFaith
    IceFaith Posts: 81
    Options
    I understand completely. I just started here a few days ago and have been reluctant to put down a few things. Then I thought, how in the world am I going to change the bad habits that I have if I'm not honest w/ me? Perhaps me not being honest w/ myself concerning my eating habits is a good place to start.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Congrats on completing your day, even if you did go over! I've been here for a month and this site really showed me how much I was really intaking, but when I did (and still somtimes flub up) I remind myself that it's a learning process and tomorrow is a new day!! Congrats and keep it up!!

Edit for spelling issues, it's still early, I need food and to wake up, lol ^.^
  • bridget1103
    bridget1103 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your support!!!! I have been doing WW for a while too and I think cause you always have these 'extra ww points' to hang on to and I got lazy. I need some accountabilty.
  • foxgo
    foxgo Posts: 11
    Options
    Good job...it is annoying to login everything at first, but it becomes second nature. I have been doing this for 3-months and honestly I don't need to keep logging in, as I now know better how to eat in order to stay within my daily intake goals.

On my first day of MFP someone in my office brought in bagels. I logged in my bagel & cream cheese and almost fell off my chair when it said 900-calories (probably more like 1100 with my heavy-handed schmear, about half of my total calories for the day). I have not had a bagel since, and that is the benefit of tracking your food intake...you will cheat every once in a while, but will get so disgusted when you see how many calories your bad foods are taking up that you will think twice before having them again.
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    you will cheat every once in a while, but will get so disgusted when you see how many calories your bad foods are taking up that you will think twice before having them again.

That is why I love this site so much. It is only when you have the facts about what you ate staring you in the face you realise that meal just isn't worth it.

I always associate food with gym; every time I fancy a bar of chocolate that's 10 minutes running on a treadmill, zinger burger from KFC? That's 50 minutes hard running on a treadmill. Once I started looking at things like that the appeal of the junk foods quickly diminished :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!