How to get better abs?

2»

Replies

• BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Most people have abs they just need to reach a low body fat to get them. The core is involved in a lot of things we do already.

Tell me more about the ones who are missing abs.

If someone doesnt have visible abs its because they have too much bodyfat.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    I use this

http://printableworkouts.com/

has every muscle group
  • LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    I need to come back and do these!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    <--- Zero crunches. Heavy squats, heavy deadlifts, pull ups, dips, bench press and front squats. One day a week I do hanging leg raises (3 sets of 10).
    This. There's really no need to do ab isolation exercises, as your abs are a vital component of every exercise you can ever do.
  • tigersword
    Squats!! And if you're trying to get em to show under the "film of fat" you gotta eat clean and do cardio. No diet, no abs! (Not sure if this is a prob for you so it's not directed at ya. Just sayin'. :) )
    Eating "clean," besides being a meaningless term, has nothing to do with it. Calorie deficit is what's needed.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Squats!! And if you're trying to get em to show under the "film of fat" you gotta eat clean and do cardio. No diet, no abs! (Not sure if this is a prob for you so it's not directed at ya. Just sayin'. :) )
    Eating "clean," besides being a meaningless term, has nothing to do with it. Calorie deficit is what's needed.

Yeah, and a diet high in bad fats, empty carbs, and preservatives that cause water retention and cellulite development aren't exactly privy to the look you're going for if you're trying to have visible abs. Hence, clean EATING. I'm done arguing with people over this crap. You eat crap food, you get crap results. PERIOD. Unless you already have a fast metabolism which the average Joe's of the world do NOT.
  • tigersword
    You miss the point. There is no such thing as "clean eating." It's a marketing term invented to sell books and magazines.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/