i need a alternative for ghis desert before i cave!!

Options
beautifulreason
beautifulreason Posts: 136 Member
I am absolutely obsessed and in love with banana pudding... not just pudding but the one with cookies and whip cream and bananas.
I feel like I need something like this in order to get that sweet craving

Replies

• suz_eee
    suz_eee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How about taking one serving of sugar free vanilla pudding (60 calories), slice 1/2 banana, sprinkle one crushed up graham cracker square (1/2 sheet) on top, and then top with a dolop of light whipped cream. When I add this up it adds up to 173 calories. Yummy!
  • MrsB1229
    MrsB1229 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    They have FF SF banana pudding. Maybe make that and freeze it between two graham crackers with some cool whip free??
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Banana ice cream (just blend some frozen bananas with a little vanilla and cinnamon) with a few fat free nilla wafers?
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    that does sound good right now!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    You can take ripe bananas mix some stevia and yogurt into it then bake until you get some color or microwave until it's not fully cooked. You could add a scoop of protein powder if you want it to be a little more filing. I make banana muffins this way, but fully bake them.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Breyers Carb free ice cream is very good. Not what you are asking for, but thought you might like other ideas.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Here you go my dear! :flowerforyou:

http://dhftns.com/protein-banana-cream-pie-recipe-low-fatdelicious/

This is absolutely amazing! And he's an MFPer!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Jello sugar free instant banana pudding prepared with unsweetend vanilla almond milk (prepared is 2 cups)
    2 small bananas
    Cool whip free
    reduced fat graham crackers

divide pudding into 4 half cup servings
    half of a banana cut into each serving
    crumble one graham cracker square on the top of each (graham crackers generally have 4 little squares)
    top with 2 tbsp cool whip free

You now have 4 mini dessets that come in at about 1 cup each once everything is added for 115 cals each! :) (using info for all the ingredients from mfp data base then divided by 4) Hope that helps! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mittzu
    Mittzu Posts: 37
    Options
    bumb
  • caseym87
    caseym87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    4 vanilla wafers are 70 calories, approx. 100 calories for pudding, a medium banana is around 105, and cool whip free is 15 calories for 2 tbsp... under 300 calores for a pretty large individual portion. It's not a health food, but it's not TOO bad.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Although the alternatives sound lovely sometimes you just need the real thing. I would make a mini portion in a fancy glass and eat it slowly with a gellato spoon. It is possible to make pudding without using an entire box if you do the math. I've found sometimes I'm even satisfied with making puddings 1/4 cup of 2% milk and 3/4 cup water. if I make it from scratch I'll use stevia and divide into single 1/4 or 1/2 cup servings some flavors wind up at 5 or 10 calories a serving. I'll even freeze them to pull out when my family has ice cream. In the end substitutions are wonderful and can be helpful. But dont be afraid to indulge in your favorites once in awhile. Focus on portion control and savoring every tasty bite. If you must have a full serving don't beat yourself up just work ir into your plan. Good luck!