Muffins

Options
Just wondering if anyone knows the healthiest brand I should be buying?

Thanks for your help guys!

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i have not had a muffin since i started MFP...but i hear that bran muffins are the best....and it would be even better if you make them yourself....good luck!
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    How about making them? If you are interested, here is the recipe of healthy ones.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/sunnysashka/view/no-flour-no-sugar-no-fat-muffins-22836
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I will make them myself. Cooking Light has some good recipes OR I get vitamuffin tops. They're 100 calories and, help me get in some fiber and kill the craving for a banana nut muffin. :love:
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have to laugh!!!!!! I thought it was going to be how to get rid of my "muffin" top. I have some "mufin top" it's right above my low rise jeans. :smile: :wink:
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I really like the frozen ready to eat Fiber One muffins. The blueberry is yummy and has 7g of fiber to keep you full till lunchtime.
    Hope that helps :)
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely make them yourself. You can sustitute 2 egg white for 1 whole (4 egg whites for 2 whole eggs...) and instead of using butter or oil you can substitute those with applesauce or shredding up 2 whole apples.
  • leslie626
    leslie626 Posts: 12
    Options
    I LOVE Vitatop muffin tops...the chocolate and the banana nut are delish!! 100 calories and very healthy
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Muffins ofter later re-appear as "muffin tops", especially if you are buying them, instead of making them as they are usually full of fat, carbs and calories.
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You got it!!! And so hard to get rid of......if only you could target pick your area's.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....i am totally going to get some Fiber one muffins! i had no idea! i have been muffin deprived for almost a year! its one of those wants but dont needs, unlike chocolate, which i will scrimp and save calories for! lol!
  • kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    100 calorie vitamuffin tops love the chocolate ones! :love: