Low cal, low carb snacks

Hi ! I am a diabetic and I am new to MFP . Up until now I have counted carbs, but not calories . It turns out that after I started to track my eating habits with MFP , I realized that I was eating a crazy amount of calories and all my snacks are low carbs by high in calories. I need help finding snacks that are both. Please help. Thanks

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Fibrous vegetables, seaweed, protein shakes, jerky, pickles, yogurt, and air popped popcorn.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 638 Member
    Cheese sticks (2% mozzarella, etc)...
    Yogurts (PLAIN greek, Light n Fit Low Sugar Diabetic Friendly, Kroger-brand Carbmaster yogurt)....
    Small apples with low fat peanut butter...
    10 almonds...

Sorry if I've named a bunch of stuff you can't have. I'm not familiar with the diet you might need to follow with your condition. :/
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Carb smart icecream, they have one for diabetics.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Turkey pepperoni slices, Light Baby Bel cheese
  • WTGMe
    WTGMe Posts: 4
    Unsweetened Almond Milk with Whey Isolate Powder. Body Fortress is only 1 carb for 1/2 a scoop and the Unsweetened Almond Milk is only 1 carb - Blue Diamond is the best. Make sure it is unsweetened - it can be vanilla or plain. This is really good and sometimes I add peanut butter to it and blend it.

A boiled egg and some celery with a little peanut butter or ranch dip

Some strong cheese and a cup of green tea with stevia.

12 -14 almonds (there are some cocoa powdered and cinnamon powdered that aren't sweetened...very good too.)