Travel talk!!!

Options
jennontheroad
jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
For all those obsessed with travel, like myself.

Where have you been?
What is your favourite place?
Where do you most want to go?
What is the best thing you ate while travelling?

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Where have you been?

Everywhere - love backcountry - do the rugged stuff and also the beach vacations.

What is your favourite place?

Southwest US. It is peaceful and earthy. Landscape is amazing. Wine is amazing.

Where do you most want to go?

South America in December - Argentina, Patagonia.

What is the best thing you ate while travelling?

Breakfast Burritos in a dingy place in Austin TX, BBQ on riverside in San Antonio. Bone marrow in San Fran.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Where I've Been: Las Vegas, Nevada, The Grand Canyon, & New York
    Favorite Place: Las Vegas
    Most Want To Go: Not sure, there are several (if Price was No Object!) ~ Alaska, The UK (to visit an On Line Friend), Australia, New York in the Spring or Fall, Vegas & The Grand Canyon.
    :noway: Best Thing I Ate While Traveling: Lobster at Hugo's Cellar in Las Vegas (even though it turned out I was 'Sensitive' to it and had Diarrhea for 24 Hours after!!).
  • Einahhh
    Einahhh Posts: 139
    Options
    Where I've been: Overseas to Germany (all over the place!) and New York, in Australia to Queensland (Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Cairns, Great Barrier Reef), Tasmania, Perth (and Fremantle), Adelaide and all around Melbourne and Victoria

My favourite place: Phillip Island, hands down

Where I most want to go: Antarctica

The best thing I ate while travelling: I had some amazing sorbet in Nuremberg

I'm planning a trip around Europe in December with my cousin at the moment. We're hitting up London, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, Spain, Ireland and Scotland. To say I'm ridiculously excited is a huge understatement! I'm also going to Thailand at some stage in the next year.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Where I have been: England, France, Costa Rica, Cuba, The Bahamas, 10+ states in the U.S. (central & southern), 5 provinces in Canada

Favourite place: Cienfuegos, Cuba (mostly because of the locals I made friends with), and Bournemouth, England

Where I want to go: everywhere almost equally... if I had to pick something to put at the top of my list it would probably be the Scandinavian countries

Food: fresh fruit straight from Cuban farmers
  • curlyloca
    curlyloca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Where have you been?

Guatemala,Colombia, Argentina, Amsterdam, Prague, Vienna, pretty much all of the Caribbean. Going to HK and Bali in 4 months :)
    What is your favourite place? Home, NYC, and New Orleans.
    Where do you most want to go? South Africa, New Zealand, and Egypt.
    What is the best thing you ate while travelling? So many things. It's gonna make me hungry if I talk about it lol.
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    Where have you been? All across Canada, England, France & Spain, 17 states

What is your favourite place? Georgia, USA

Where do you most want to go? Italy

What is the best thing you ate while travelling? Maple butter strawberry Crepes in Montreal, and this amazing cheesy pasta pizza thing in Spain.
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Where have you been? England, France, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Greece, All over US (including Hawaii) and Canada... Going to Cuba in 30 days
    What is your favourite place? Greece, been 7 times and lived there for 3 months.
    Where do you most want to go? Morocco
    What is the best thing you ate while travelling? Pretty much every meal I ever had in Greece.
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    Where have you been? Of course, Philippines (Manila, Baguio, Batangas, General Santos, Bicol etc), South Korea around Seoul, Australia( Melbourne, Vic)
    What is your favorite place? Manila & Seoul (Lotte World, amazing rollercoasters!)
    Where do you most want to go? Japan \nn/
    What is the best thing you ate while traveling? Probably the ramen in Hongdae, Seoul. So delicious!
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump! want to hear more about your adventures!