New Zealand Fitbit and other devices

Options
I currently have a Fitbit Flex on preorder but the longer I wait with absolutely no information or answer from Fitbit the more I worry that I've wasted my money on an item I'm not going to get until several months down the track.

I had discounted the Jawbone Up because I didn't like having to plug it into my computer to get the data off it and was worried it wasn't as accurate as the Flex.
I had discounted the Bodymedia Fit because I didn't want to pay a monthly subscription.
I had discounted the Nike+ FuelBand because it doesn't track sleep and seems to be an expensive branded bracelet.

As I said, I'm getting worried now that waiting for the Flex is a waste of money but I still don't want a Jawbone Up, I still don't want a FuelBand...and it would seem people from New Zealand can't buy either the Bodymedia Fit or Bodybugg because none of the online stores will ship it to NZ and no shop in NZ sells it.

What should I do?

Replies

• Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Wait until the Flex actually comes out then worry about it if you don't get it within a week or whatever. FitBit is a great company. :)
  • keeleyrogers355
    Options
    I love my fitbit...its just the basic one that clips on my clothes (bra)....never let me down. maybe get one that's available ...you can find a bargain on Trademe...and if you love it then upgrade when the flex arrives...
  • Ariantha
    Ariantha Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea Keeley, I'll keep an eye on Trademe, there doesn't seem to be much choice there at the moment.

Fitbit's good reputation is one of the reasons why I chose the Flex Jennilyn. As a PC gamer though I've experienced really good companies who keep their customers who have pre ordered informed even if they don't have any positive information yet and there's a lot of people wanting an answer from Fitbit, especially now that the estimated release time has been extended with no explanation.
  • Ariantha
    Ariantha Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm posting this largely because I want to moan and I'm not getting any answer from Fitbit.

My Flex hasn't arrived yet, according to Fitbit's website New Zealand can now buy the Flex. I'd pre-ordered mine a few months ago and I've gotten no email to tell me when pre-orders are being sent. I wish they had a phone number in New Zealand I could ring because they haven't answered me on Twitter or Facebook :(