thigh size

Options
I'm curious what other peoples thigh circumference is. I have been a runner since I was 14 , now 38 and have always been told I have small thighs. I measured them the other day when my wife said I should chart my progress and the biggest part measured 17.5". That looks small on my 6'5" frame. So I'm just curious what the average is.

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    27 at the wides part... :grumble:
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9'', My thighs are 22 inches at the uppermost widest part. I think they are huge.. but it could just be me.

ETA, I am starting to like my legs now that they are more muscular... I am lifting heavy to get them more muscular. I do find them to be big, but it doesnt mean I dont like them.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Dafuq is going on at the site today?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

All of a sudden women think they have big thighs and men think they have small thighs. And also, I am certain I have seen this exact same post 2 times already in the past year.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

At least it's not another calf size thread.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

All of a sudden women think they have big thighs and men think they have small thighs. And also, I am certain I have seen this exact same post 2 times already in the past year.

Yeah, I am pretty sure you are right. Those exact measurements have been brought up before by a guy. Time to practice my google fu.

ETA:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/876377-skinny-legs-are-not-attractive - Not exact, but strikingly similar
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My once huge thighs are now a muscular 19.5"
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Yeah, I am pretty sure you are right. Those exact measurements have been brought up before by a guy. Time to practice my google fu.

ETA:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/876377-skinny-legs-are-not-attractive - Not exact, but strikingly similar

Whoops! OP is busted again. Time for his 3rd deactivation?
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    One is 23.5 and the other is 24. Funny thing is the measurement hasn't changed since I started losing weight but when you look at my legs they definitely look better than they did - I guess it's less fat and more muscle, which I'm certainly happy about. Big thighs run in my family, but my cousin has large but really toned and muscular thighs and her legs are incredible (actually her whole body is haha) - so I'm not complaining by any means :)
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

ETA:

I don't get it, what would be the purpose of asking similar questions repetitively, though? Maybe it is just a coincidence...
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I've seen this other times, with the guy saying his wife wanted him to do a poll on mfp.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    !B5D-hj!CGk~$(KGrHqV,!jUEybWz4G1DBMsNqPFy8!~~_35.JPG
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    !B5D-hj!CGk~$(KGrHqV,!jUEybWz4G1DBMsNqPFy8!~~_35.JPG
    :bigsmile:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Mine are 18.5" and I'm 5'8". I consider my thigh measurement to be a DYEL measurement. Seriously, bro. Get in the f*cling gym right now and squat. As a tall dude you can't be walking around with some 17.5" thighs. C'mon.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Only 2 times?

I thought it was more - but I could have been confused by all the belly-fat threads.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Only 2 times?

I thought it was more - but I could have been confused by all the belly-fat threads.

Yeah, it actually could have been more than these 3 times, now that I've been thinking about it.
  • brobles38
    brobles38 Posts: 45
    Options
    Okay I'm confused
  • brobles38
    brobles38 Posts: 45
    Options
    Mine are 18.5" and I'm 5'8". I consider my thigh measurement to be a DYEL measurement. Seriously, bro. Get in the f*cling gym right now and squat. As a tall dude you can't be walking around with some 17.5" thighs. C'mon.
    lol. Your right