I'm not going to Quit Now!!!!!!!!!

Options
I'm not going to give up or quit now but the first 10 lb's seemed to come off so easy and now I'm stuck. I got to 169 lb's and I was so excited and my clothes fit better and I know I'm making healthier food choices and feel better but now the weight has just stopped coming off. The last 2 weeks I have just fluctuated between loosing and gaining a couple of pounds back and forth but can't seem to drop below 169. I know the number is not important but it is so frustrating. It is easier for me to eat healthy and exercise when I get on the scale and see it move down in number but when I see the same number over and over again it seems like the exercise and eating healthy is not working or paying off (even though I know it will in the long run). Ugggghhhh
I found the motivation to start the C25K in the rain Sunday Morning. I finished the first 30 minutes and then thunder, lightning and a downpour motivated me to run the rest of the way home too.

Replies

• dmmfan2
    dmmfan2 Posts: 14
    Options
    are you eating the same things every day...if so your body gets use to it...try something new. Now I just need to follow my own advice and maybe I can get over my rut!!!
  • Plwarder
    Plwarder Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm sure that is part of the problem. I do eat the same thing almost every day because it is easier to track and then I know I'm not going over my calories. I'm afraid to eat more one day and less the next because I'm afraid I will just continue to eat more and more. I don't think I have enough will power yet. But I agree I need to change things up a bit and eat different things and change my calories and exercise up.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Try buying a different fruit and veggie and maybe even change your main protein (like, I always ate chicken. So for a couple months, I ate a ton of tilapia and tuna... now I'm back to 80% lean ground beef and chicken) every shopping trip. Have you redone your goals since you've lost 11 lbs? You're supposed to reset your goals every 10 lbs so it's more accurate.
  • CherylGirl50
    Options
    OMG! I thought I was the only one who found themselves in a rut. I am so depressed and disappointed in myself until I had stopped even logging in my food diary and started eating whatever I felt like eating because the scale never moved. I am stuck at the depressing weight of 160 and I workout every single day, sometimes twice a day and I just don't understand what the problem is. I have just about given up. I need help and quickly. I guess the fact that I love to run has stopped me from gaining any weight because I certainly stopped caring about what I ate. It doesn't seem to make a difference I am still at the same weight. :(
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    Someone told me to have one cheat day a week. Your metabolism will jump start. It worked for me. I don't go to far over my calories, but it seems to help....
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Stop getting on the scales so much!!!!!!!!! It's perfectly natural for your weight to fluctuate as much as 3 or 4 lbs in the span of a day.

Weigh in the morning.

What type of exercises are you doing? It could be that you are gaining muscle (which weighs more than fat) and can't see the fat loss on the scales.

Are you measuring yourself as well? That is where you will find the true sight in whether or not what you are doing is working.