New to this weight loss thingy, looking for support!

Options
ViviLane
ViviLane Posts: 28 Member
Greetings all!

Much like many people, I have struggled with fluctuating weight since I was a teenager. I have never been able to successfully maintain a healthy weight for long. I have tried dieting off and on, to no avail. Usually because I always want to see results overnight, and when I don't, I get bummed out.

At 28 years old, I have finally accepted that I did not gain weight overnight, so I can't expect to lose it that way either! Sugar is my weakness, and I'm the girl who's pantry is always full of yummy munchies lol.

This time, I feel strangely motivated to keep up with my journey to maintain a healthy weight. I'm on the taller side, so I have always gotten away with hiding a few pounds...by way of camouflaging them under cool clothes lol. No bueno!

This go-round it's all about my health, rather than a number on the scale. This is a lifestyle change, so I'm taking it one day at a time!

Replies

• Andreas_Cramer
    Options
    Welcome to the community. I am sure you gain lots of benefits over here. Enjoy your stay.
  • Jamesroland
    Options
    That's great Vivilane that you want to start taking steps to actual weight loss! It's not going to always be easy to shed the pounds a keep them off. You are going to have to commit to it and not give up even when you do hit your plateaus. Just know you joined a wonderful community that is here to support and guide you through your journey of weight loss. I also would suggest checking out www.weightslaine.com for some reviews on a couple of programs that are very helpful in shedding the pounds and keeping them off. Take care!