HRM suggestion

Options
Okay, maybe you already have a HRM you love, I own four... but my newest one is getting the most work, because it's the easiest for me to use...

I clicked on a link on MFP for the Scosche HRM which is a small device on a band that straps to your ARM... yes, I said ARM... it doesn't have a chest strap, but it straps so that the sensors are just over the middle of your inner forearm...

And I've used it now for two months, simultaneously with my Polar FT7 and I can tell you that it records BEAT for BEAT... in fact, I have PVCs and PACs pretty regularly... and they mess up most HR monitors, even my Polar... this one hangs in there and keeps providing close to accurate (as close as you can get with extra heart beats) readings...

It works with an iphone or android phone bluetooth connection... the software is on your phone, and it allows you to see a visual record of your entire workout... for me, this is awesome... not only do I get the same data as I get from my Polar or other HRM, but I can slide my finger across the screen and see at any point during my run or workout what my HR was... it also will automatically tell you to GO FASTER or GO SLOWER to keep you in your zone during your work out..

It runs $99 and I think it's been worth every penny.

Replies

• stacyb99
    stacyb99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I see you wrote this post about 6 months ago, I wondered if you could give an update? Are you still pleased with the performance of your Scosche HRM?