Need help!!!... Eat more to lose?

Options
Hello all!
I'm 28 at a height of 5'6.5" and weight of 208...
So my problem is that I'm just not losing weight despite eating at my deficit 1390 calories/day (not including workout calories which i eat back) and working out for the past couple of months. To try and fix this i started working out intensely 6-7 days each week for the past 3 weeks and still nothing. I've only lost like 1 inch from my waist and hips for this whole time and no pounds. I have heard that you should eat more to lose weight if you are working out intensely... How does this work? How much more should I eat? Now I eat back the majority of calories I burn working out but should i eat more in top of that? I thought to lose weight it's like 3500 calories/ pound... What gives? I'm just confused and frustrated by minimal progress despite my intense and consistent efforts. Maybe i should be doing less intense workouts? For the past couple of months i have been doing 3 days of zumba each week and right now im doing my 3rd week of turbofire which includes cardio, strength training, and some yoga but still no change in weight. im getting a little toner but no fat loss it seems based on measuring.... with the weight im at and need to lose i think i should be burning more fat...Help!

Replies

• laurap373
    Options
    if anyone actually reads this...I'm upping my calories based on this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943139-weight-loss-cheat-sheet-ipoarm
    Hopefully it'll work!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    if anyone actually reads this...I'm upping my calories based on this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943139-weight-loss-cheat-sheet-ipoarm
    Hopefully it'll work!
    Sounds like a plan, and I hope it does work for you.

Incidentally, if the inch off your waist and hips was in the last 3 weeks, that sounds like pretty good progress to me. When you increase the intensity of exercise that you're doing, your muscles hold on to extra water as they repair themselves. This water weight can mask any fat loss that is also going on.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    An inch loss in three weeks is excellent. I would concentrate more on your measurements than your weight :smile:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Woman, an inch loss is amazing! And you just recently upped your cals, you won't see a change in the scale right away. Your body has to adjust and in doing so is working on replenishing your glycogen storage and such. Most people see an increase in the scale at first because of this, so the fact that you did not, and have seen a loss in measurements despite potential bloating is freakin awesome. Give it a bit a more time and you will see everything going back down!

Keep doing what you are doing- except I do recommend making sure you get at least one rest day- 7 days a week is a bit much.

Hello all!
    I'm 28 at a height of 5'6.5" and weight of 208...
    So my problem is that I'm just not losing weight despite eating at my deficit 1390 calories/day (not including workout calories which i eat back) and working out for the past couple of months. To try and fix this i started working out intensely 6-7 days each week for the past 3 weeks and still nothing. I've only lost like 1 inch from my waist and hips for this whole time and no pounds. I have heard that you should eat more to lose weight if you are working out intensely... How does this work? How much more should I eat? Now I eat back the majority of calories I burn working out but should i eat more in top of that? I thought to lose weight it's like 3500 calories/ pound... What gives? I'm just confused and frustrated by minimal progress despite my intense and consistent efforts. Maybe i should be doing less intense workouts? For the past couple of months i have been doing 3 days of zumba each week and right now im doing my 3rd week of turbofire which includes cardio, strength training, and some yoga but still no change in weight. im getting a little toner but no fat loss it seems based on measuring.... with the weight im at and need to lose i think i should be burning more fat...Help!