any dr.s on MFP

Options
youngs
youngs Posts: 250 Member
I know this is off the subject of weight loss(Sorry) but I find so much support on here and thought that maybe someone could help with this issue also..

I am just wondering if there is any DR.s or other health care profess. that can answer a question for me..It has to do with a surgery that I had about 4 wks ago and the incision busted open..and have a question about it..If you would be willing to answer it please message me or leave message and I will send the question to you..

Thanks to anyone who may be able to help me!!

Replies

• lobsterhug
    lobsterhug Posts: 8
    Options
    You really ought to call the doctor who performed the operation or your primary care physician. They will know best what needs to be done.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Why don't you call your surgeon or your General doc?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I know this is off the subject of weight loss(Sorry) but I find so much support on here and thought that maybe someone could help with this issue also..

I am just wondering if there is any DR.s or other health care profess. that can answer a question for me..It has to do with a surgery that I had about 4 wks ago and the incision busted open..and have a question about it..If you would be willing to answer it please message me or leave message and I will send the question to you..

Thanks to anyone who may be able to help me!!

You need to call your surgeon back ASAP.
    Post op check ups and care such as this are often covered in the "global fee" for the surgery. You can ask about that, if you are concerned about the money issue of going back to the doc.
    Trust me, I had one surgeon perform on me, then another do the follow up care --- and I still have stitches in my stomach VISIBLE thanks to not having the original surgeon complete follow up.

Contact Your Surgeon's Office, ASAP.

I hope they can put some surgical tape on you and patch you right up!
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am still dr with him ..but just have a question that he says is normal but I just dont feel like it is..He is aware of the incision, but I just feel like something is not right and its like no one wants to listen to me and my hubby..

He is aware of the it coming open and that is all being treated and packed ..it is just what is coming out of it that I dont like ..I have this yellow fluid that runs out and will come thru the packing, thru the gauze and end up coming clear through on to my pants ..I called and talk to him about it..but the draining is getting worse for last 2 days it has been real bad and if hubby is changing it ..the hole will fill up like a water puddle would in a rain storm..I called again yesterday and they say dont worry about it just to follow up on thursday...I am just afraid of infections..maybe I am just stressing out to much about it..I dont know.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should call your Dr. just to have it looked at. You can also look up "seroma". I don't know if this is what has happened to you, but it might be.

When I had my hysterectomy the outer incision opened up as a result of a seroma - basically a pocket of fluid that accumulated under the incision. Scared the heck out of me. It's not uncommon especially for large folks, but you think you have busted everything open! Lots of fluid came out and it was opened about 2 inches - but it's just the outer skin layer that is open. All the structural stitches that 'hold you together' are in deeper layers underneath.

Feel free to send me a pm if you want the details of what it was and how it was treated - TMI for this forum, I think...but the Dr. did want to make sure it was not infected, so he wanted to see me.

p.s. I just saw you new post, above mine and it sounds like is a seroma. Looks ugly! but sounds like it is being treated as mine was, so on face value of what you are saying here, don't worry. I had a nurse that would come in daily to change the packing, but the outer dressing soaked through quite a bit for quite awhile and I had to change it a few times a day. She assured me that it was normal and she said that if it was infected it would smell really bad. It takes a long time to settle down - but again, pm me if you like and I can share my experience with you.