I need workout DVD recommendations

Options
2»

Replies

• Janina1987
    Options
    Bump

Sorry can't add anything as I have the same collection as you (although my collection includes some Jackie Warner as well)

How do you like the Jackie Warner workouts? Was thinking about getting them as well

I love her extreme timesaver workout, it really works you hard and it's only 30 mins - a hard 30 mins! I have power circuit training which is good as well, I just up the weights when it becomes too easy. Her crunchless abs dvd is ok but I don't feel quite the same burn. I also have 30 Fast start which I've only done twice so I'm still deciding on that although it made my arms ache once I upped my weights. I have one-on-one training by Jackie too, but haven't done it yet!

Sounds really good so I'll definitely get some of her DVDs.
  • Janina1987
    Options
    Has anyone done Chalean Extreme? If so how were your results? And what kind of equipment is needed for P90X?
  • cwill33
    cwill33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Someday I might try Power 90 as a lark, probably not for 90 days... but yea, just because its there. Maybe when I am going into a maintenance or "rest" phase. Maybe sometime this summer, as I just finished P90X a few weeks ago and again just started another round of P90X this week.

If you've done P90x Power 90 might be too easy for you. I found it a great intro to P90x because I was very out of shape; however if you're already in shape you would have to push yourself pretty hard to get a lot out of regular Power 90. The masters series might be more of a challenge for P90x grads though.
  • cwill33
    cwill33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What kind of equipment is needed for P90X?

Resistance bands or free weights, a yoga mat (optional yoga blocks), and I would recommend doing it on nice cushioned mats or carpet because of the plyometrics. Good shoes are also a must because some of the jumping is quite intense.
  • Janina1987
    Options
    What kind of equipment is needed for P90X?

Resistance bands or free weights, a yoga mat (optional yoga blocks), and I would recommend doing it on nice cushioned mats or carpet because of the plyometrics. Good shoes are also a must because some of the jumping is quite intense.

What about that pull up bar? Is it optional or a must?