Ladies...

Options
Does anyone else have a terrible time with the week before a certain natural event that disgusts most men? I'm struggling hard. I want to eat everything in sight and then eat more chocolate. Normally this is the week I bloat up, but the 2-3lbs I put on goes away immediately after the icky week. But this time around I don't want to put on the 2-3lbs. It's just so hard!

Replies

• Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I tend to say to myself 'screw you uterus, you will NOT get the better of me!' and go out and power it out at the gym and eat carefully.
  • katiejvogel
    Options
    That was totally me 2 days ago. Now I know why I had the munchies so bad!!! I also know, even if I'm good, my weigh in is affected in some way, usually from retaining water. I think the best thing to do as far as cravings is to acknowledge that they are chemical because of the changes in our bodies. Sometimes just knowing that helps to fight them off.
  • Montarosa456
    Options
    Yes every month!
    What I've been trying to do (because I am a crazed chocoholic) is find recipes that are chocolatey but low in cals/fat etc so I can get a little choccy hit!
    I do try and up my workouts because it sure helps with the cramps and you can take out your anger in the gym (not by shouting at people mind)
    I find this website really great for skinny chocolate recipes however it's generally in cups so if your not american you may have to research some of the measurements (I just use google).
    www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com
    p.s
    If it gets you down avoid the scales that week ;)
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I do have that issue... this last month I doubled my water intake when I knew it was just about time, not only did it help with some of the snack cravings, but also helped with the bloating, helped with the cramps and made a huge difference in how I felt before during & after.
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I get the worst bloating the few days before.. Often gaining 4 pounds etc! I was SO bloated yesterday.

Is there a way of reducing this? It is difficult when watching weight to be accurate around this time of the month.

Who would be a woman hey.

L x
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I do have that issue... this last month I doubled my water intake when I knew it was just about time, not only did it help with some of the snack cravings, but also helped with the bloating, helped with the cramps and made a huge difference in how I felt before during & after.

Drinking more water... I try to do this but I feel I drink a lot anyway!
  • ruby142
    ruby142 Posts: 39
    Options
    Water, water and more water....I drink alot of water :flowerforyou: