just joined, tips?

laureneva
laureneva Posts: 372 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I'm feeling overwhelmed with trying to lose weight. I've been told by doctors and my parents that I need to lose weight, not to look good but to get healthy. I have whats called PCOS and i suffer from reoccuring glandular fever and I have a weak immune system. PCOS is only controllable by The Pill, both of which have an effect on weight (PCOS makes it extremely difficult to lose weight).
This is why I've finally decided to join something such as this. I was wondering if anyone had any tips to help, whether it be dealing or to keep myself motivated.
Thank you muchly, and have a nice day.
Lauren.

Replies

• laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    I'm feeling overwhelmed with trying to lose weight. I've been told by doctors and my parents that I need to lose weight, not to look good but to get healthy. I have whats called PCOS and i suffer from reoccuring glandular fever and I have a weak immune system. PCOS is only controllable by The Pill, both of which have an effect on weight (PCOS makes it extremely difficult to lose weight).
    This is why I've finally decided to join something such as this. I was wondering if anyone had any tips to help, whether it be dealing or to keep myself motivated.
    Thank you muchly, and have a nice day.
    Lauren.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Hey I have PCOS too and ever since I've started eating healthy and exercising I've had regular periods(without the pill!) and I've lost weight. So it's possible :smile: Just work hard and don't give up. Allow yourself to make mistakes :happy: Good luck!

:heart: Kels
  • matinap
    matinap Posts: 1
    Hello Lauren,

It is hard...I just committed today as well. I have not been happy with the extra weight I have put on since I changed careers and decided I wanted to change. I have an annual trip to the keys that we do every year with a group of friends and family and my goal is to look good this year. I have a pic from last year ( a pic is a rare thing for me because I am not happy with how I look) taped to my treadmill.

I have made every excuse in the book why I do not have time to do this. That is a lie...I do have time it is for me, not my kids, not my husband, ME....Do it for YOU!!!! It's going to be hard, but what is worth while is usually hard..

I exercise while watching my favorite shows....it makes the time go faster....good luck...you can do it.
    Matina
  • kmazzo01
    kmazzo01 Posts: 3
    hi lauren
    from someone who just joined also I wish you
    all the best!!!
    karan
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi Lauren and Welcome:flowerforyou: you have come to the right place for a healthier way of life. Your body will thank you:smile:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Welcome lauren to mfp.:flowerforyou: You will find alot of support here. My best to you:smile:
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    You will be suprised at what a healthy diet (God made foods) will do for PCOS. I have a degree in health and nutition and studied this and seen it in my sis when she changed her diet for life. The worst thing to do is stuff yourself with artificial and processed foods. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.