Fitbit+lifting+protein=....

Options
jonnythan
jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
I wear a Fitbit all day. I eat around 400 calories less than it says I burn in any given day. I eat 1 gram of protein per pound of LBM and about 0.35 grams of fat per pound of body mass. I lift weights 3 times a week and play tennis or racquetball ~2 times a week. The rest of the time I'm pretty much sitting around on a computer or reading.

Simple, right? It may not be especially easy but it's simple. Don't overcomplicate things with special diets people say you need. I eat anything I feel like eating as long as it fits into my macros. You too can eat pretty much anything you want as long as it fits the plan.

Eat a calorie deficit, lift, get some cardio. Results.

My diary is open if you want to see my actual food intake or calorie burn.

lean-fat2.png

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Go Jonnythan! *cheerleads*
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I with you. Like everything, moderation is key.

If I want a burger, I'll eat a burger. I don't deny myself anything or tell myself that any particular thing is off limits. I try to eat cleaner and healthier, but every now and then, you just need the other. :)

Plus, eating a small portion of what you want while still keeping within your macros will keep you from binging on it when you finally do give into temptation.
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 gram of protein per pound of LBM and about 0.35 grams of fat per pound of body mass.

Is the 0.35 grams of fat per pound of body mass based on lbm like protein or total body mass? My guess is that it's lbm because fat doesn't need to be fed, but I could be wrong.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I love you for your graphs.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I eat 1 gram of protein per pound of LBM and about 0.35 grams of fat per pound of body mass.

Is the 0.35 grams of fat per pound of body mass based on lbm like protein or total body mass? My guess is that it's lbm because fat doesn't need to be fed, but I could be wrong.

Not according to the research and recommendations I've seen.
  • Thorbjornn
    Options
    OK, so it's on total body current or goal weight? I've just always been confused about it. I know you are on the ball with this stuff.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    OK, so it's on total body current or goal weight? I've just always been confused about it. I know you are on the ball with this stuff.

Current weight is about 154 and goal weight is about 145. 145 will put me around 10% body fat. I'll maintain that through the fall then start a slow bulk through the winter to put on a few more pounds of lean mass.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    hADB163E9
  • Thorbjornn
    Options
    OK, thanks. My current weight is 192, goal weight is 165. That should put me at about 14% b.f., which is good to start with considering I am about 24% or 28% depending on who and what I listen to.
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    YOUR AMAZING DUDE!!!!