SO SUNBURNT

girliegirl1822
girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm so sunburnt that I can't move my body I wore sunblock but it didnt work. I cant work out cause I cant move my arms and i cant put my workout clothes on cause it hurts too much :( does anyone know how long it takes for a sunburn to stop hurting??? so I can get back in the gym.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Aloe vera gels and cold showers, hon!!! Aloe vera works WONDERS. Slather it on wherever you're burnt and as many times as you want and you should be good in a couple days.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    On average it takes about two or three days for a severe sunburn to quit hurting (and as it heals, you may "peel" and itch- don't scratch because you can tear your skin and cause an infection!) Take Tylenol or Advil if you can to minimize the pain and inflammation, and drink a lot of water to rehydrate your skin. Use aloe vera gel to cool the sunburned areas. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Trust me, I know how you feel. I've got redhair and fair skin...I burn alot. I just use this product called ICE it's an aloe gel and it works wonders. You could throw some on and wear a tank top so you could maybe at least go for a walk if you miss doing at least a little something. I got slightly burned yesterday while the kids played in the pool. You should be ok within a few days though. :flowerforyou:
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    100% aloe gel and tylenol. A couple of days and you will be fine. :flowerforyou:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    And as someone who had a nasty bout of skin cancer last year and more this year I highly recommend a really good sunscreen. I was probably about your age when I was a burning a lot and now at 55 I have damaged skin and cancer. So remember sunscreen and a hat.

Ok, off my soap box, LOL.
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Megamom: What brand sunscreen do you use? I'm looking for a good everyday sunscreen, that doesn't smell like the beach! I love the beach, but don't really want to smell like I've been there everyday!! Thanks!:smile:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Myy grandpop used to swear by cold compresses of white vinegar.... the smell is horrendous, but it does work, although I think aloe works better. :bigsmile:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    I'm so sunburnt that I can't move my body I wore sunblock but it didnt work. I cant work out cause I cant move my arms and i cant put my workout clothes on cause it hurts too much :( does anyone know how long it takes for a sunburn to stop hurting??? so I can get back in the gym.

There is a product called ST 37 most pharmacies don't carry it but it will take out the burn. You need to order it from them they usually can get it by the next day. You can use it for sunburns, and other types of burns, mouth wash for pulled teeth, cancore sores, cold sores, cuts, open wounds, ear aches and it dosen't burn can use on children it is wonderful stuff.
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    thanks everyone :happy:
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    part of the pain is from swelling. Ibuprofen will help. I also used to use face clothes that were soaked in tea. I bet if you googled it, it would come up. It totally drew out the heat.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Myy grandpop used to swear by cold compresses of white vinegar.... the smell is horrendous, but it does work, although I think aloe works better. :bigsmile:

I was just going to mention this!! I am highly allergic to aloe vera, so when I get sunburned, I have to use alternative methods. Use a wet, cool washcloth and gently lay it on your skin to soothe the inflammed skin and allow moisture to be absorbed. You can dilute the white vinegar with water and use the same method with the cool washcloth. Do not rub the skin, just place the washcloth on it. Don't get the washcloth/compress too cold, as it can hurt more and damage skin. The vinegar zaps the pain. Also, I am on a ton of medications that cause hypersensitivity to sun and allows me to sunburn super easy, so I understand when you say your sunscreen didn't work. Look for a quality sunscreen with an SPF35+. Don't be fooled by the "sport" sunscreens. They are usually very thick and will not always be absorbed into the skin as they should. This will allow you to get sunburned even though you're thinking "I put on a ton of sunblock, what the H*LL happened?". Make sure you reapply your sunblock every 20-30 minutes, whether you think you need to or not.

And last but not least, drink lots of water to rehydrate your body/skin and Tylenol is your friend! Hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.