Anyone ready to start a C25K schedule?

Replies

• LauraluvU
    LauraluvU Posts: 4 Member
    I just completed W1D3. Yeah me! Feeling pretty good about myself. Really hoping to keep up the momentum. For some reason, today was a little harder than the first two, which were surprisingly easy. Was thinking I may need to repeat W1 routine a couple more days. I dunno. Do you push on to the next level if you struggle a bit with the current level or do you suck it up and move on? Also, do you really skip running for 2 days after completing each week? I kind of hate to break this new routine (brief though it has been) of running every other day.
  • mzteebell
    mzteebell Posts: 44 Member
    I'm in...Would love to actually make it through the entire 9 weeks this time around.
  • cgirlygirl
    cgirlygirl Posts: 49
    I just did Week 2 Day 1 about an hour ago. Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Started it in April, did it for two weeks, LOVED it but stopped because life got really really hectic all at once. It happens. But now I'm ready to start again! When I get home from work later tonight, I'm going to just start again, so I'm going to do W1D1. Back in the saddle! :)
  • heartofviolet
    I just completed W1D3. Yeah me! Feeling pretty good about myself. Really hoping to keep up the momentum. For some reason, today was a little harder than the first two, which were surprisingly easy. Was thinking I may need to repeat W1 routine a couple more days. I dunno. Do you push on to the next level if you struggle a bit with the current level or do you suck it up and move on? Also, do you really skip running for 2 days after completing each week? I kind of hate to break this new routine (brief though it has been) of running every other day.

If you need to repeat a week, go ahead and do so! Lots of people repeat weeks as needed. When I first started this, I did W1 twice. Just go with what you're comfortable with, I'd say--push yourself, but not too far.
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member

remember that it's only three days a week so if you want to repeat anything I would....and honestly WHO CARES if something takes you two weeks instead of one????? Its SOOOOOOO much better than not doing it at all! I'm thrilled you are doing it also!
  • BobcatGirl110
    I'm in...Would love to actually make it through the entire 9 weeks this time around.

YEAH :) I'm so happy to have others doing this too....I don't feel so alone and that's a great feeling! ty...ty...ty :)
  • Kocher81
    Kocher81 Posts: 4 Member
    I am on week 5 day 2 and I have done this one twice. I actually did this program last fall as well and this is where I stopped when it got super cold out. My next run is suppose to be 20 min long but I am not ready yet so I will do another of the 2 - 8 min runs. If I can do that 20 that would be great since I have never been able to before!
  • BobcatGirl110
    ChristinaO13 that's great. Like I said before if you need to repeat weeks then do it...the point is actually working at it and building up that endurance. I'm only in week 3 so right now the run time is low...must be a huge jump in weeks 4 or 5 so I will look to you guys when I get there :)
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Hi, I'm joining a little late but it's great to see others are still at it a few weeks in ;) I started this morning. Took my son with me and we did 1.8 miles in the 30 or so minutes. I have no idea if that's good or bad, but my legs didn't feel like jelly, so I can definitely see it happening again on Thursday.
  • kk_pern
    kk_pern Posts: 33 Member
    I'm joining a little late as well. I'm waiting to get a good pair of running shoes, and plan on starting next week. I'm a little intimidated, I'm not a runner at all -- I'm afraid my knees & my bladder won't be able to handle it! :bigsmile: :blushing:

I've been doing Zumba 3 days a week, and walking about 2 miles on the other days -- I'm considering it my prep! I love doing Zumba, and I'm a lttle worried that doing Zumba on my "off" C25K day will not give my body the recovery time that it needs. :noway:
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    I'm joining a little late as well. I'm waiting to get a good pair of running shoes, and plan on starting next week. I'm a little intimidated, I'm not a runner at all -- I'm afraid my knees & my bladder won't be able to handle it! :bigsmile: :blushing:

I've been doing Zumba 3 days a week, and walking about 2 miles on the other days -- I'm considering it my prep! I love doing Zumba, and I'm a lttle worried that doing Zumba on my "off" C25K day will not give my body the recovery time that it needs. :noway:

I do Zumba twice a week - I did it last night at 5pm and had my first run this morning at 6am. I'm just going to play it by ear. I don't think weeks one and two are going to be a big deal, but once it starts becoming more running than walking, I have a feeling I'll be cutting back on Zumba.
  • BobcatGirl110
    kk_pern & dandelyon....you aren't late :) It's kinda nice to have people doing different weeks so someone can give advice. As for the "not a runner"...neither am I and I'm 50lbs more than I should be so this "running thing" just kinda happened. I say just do it and if you need rest in between then rest...if you don't then Zumba :) It doesn't matter what you do just do it with us as you can.

piece of advice for the "get running shoes" thing....just did that myself last week after finding out I was definately NOT using the right ones as they were hurting me/my legs. Please get fitted...they will watch you run and find a shoe that fits the best for how your feet fall. It's better than shin splints or whatever other aches and pains you might get :)
  • heartofviolet
    I have a question! How do you all time your intervals? Like for example W1D1, alternate :60 jogging with 1:30 walking. I'm not sure what to use to time my runs; I used to use my phone but it's broken now... I'm wondering if I should go to a sports store and take a look around to see what they have because I'm not sure. A stopwatch? Timer? What do you all use?
  • nabzilla_uk
    nabzilla_uk Posts: 45 Member
    hi, I'm going to start this weekend, I'm a little anxious, please feel free to add me guys xxx
  • sba0414
    sba0414 Posts: 3 Member
    I want in on this! I started c25k in january and got to week 5 but then gave up :( I would love some friend requests from those of you willing to help motivate me :) of course you will get some in return!
  • BobcatGirl110
    I just did W3D2 last night....I am not a runner by nature and I am overweight so I'm thrilled to make it this far successfully. I do use my phone app for the runs so if your app isn't working I'm guessing that a timer would be necessary for the first two weeks. I could post the intervals so you know how long to run and then how long to walk if that helps :)

as for being nervous....I have a theory...do what you can. If you start it and find it too much then even if it tells you to run and you can't the whole time then walk it....and repeat the week/days until you can make it. I'm also worried about the upcoming weeks but I say that doing it and having to walk and/or having to repeat it until you CAN do it is better than doing nothing at all....please don't give up just because others can do it....it's a matter of doing it at a pace that works for you! I feel silly to that even though I'm doing ok at this week's intervals that I seriously couldn't do a 5k if I needed to tomorrow, three miles is too much for me, but the 1 or 1.5 I can do is more than I could a month ago.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    I have a question! How do you all time your intervals? Like for example W1D1, alternate :60 jogging with 1:30 walking. I'm not sure what to use to time my runs; I used to use my phone but it's broken now... I'm wondering if I should go to a sports store and take a look around to see what they have because I'm not sure. A stopwatch? Timer? What do you all use?
    I wondered this when I wanted to start as well and some nice people told me about podcasts. If you have an mp3 player or can use your phone if it has those capabilities, you can download free podcasts with music that tell you when to walk and when to run. They are soooooo helpful. I will be starting Week 3 today, I think.
    There are many different sites for podcasts. I use c25kplaylists.com and have also used the running into shape website. There are many more. If you search the forum there are threads on here that list many sites.
  • HapThompson
    HapThompson Posts: 48 Member
    Hello, can I join in?

I started properly yesterday with Day 1, Week 3. I started a little bit into the program because i'd already been running 2mins / walking 1min on my own in my "maybe this'll work, i'll try it" program, and week 3 seemed closest to where I was at.

I think it's a good level for me to start because it was a slight stretch but not too much. In fact, at the end I felt like running for a bit longer, so I did a couple of extra repeats of the run / walk cycle. It was hard going on the first run segment because i'd just done 3 miles on the elliptical at running pace, so i think I was already a bit tired. I'm liking running at the moment, it's quite zen - my mind goes off and does it's own thing and i'm not thinking about all the stupid crap that's going on in my life right now.

I don't think i've got the ideal trainers for running though, so I think i'll gop and see if I can get fitted for a better pair since i've found that I actually quite like it...
  • BobcatGirl110
    Hello, can I join in?

I started properly yesterday with Day 1, Week 3. I started a little bit into the program because i'd already been running 2mins / walking 1min on my own in my "maybe this'll work, i'll try it" program, and week 3 seemed closest to where I was at.

I think it's a good level for me to start because it was a slight stretch but not too much. In fact, at the end I felt like running for a bit longer, so I did a couple of extra repeats of the run / walk cycle. It was hard going on the first run segment because i'd just done 3 miles on the elliptical at running pace, so i think I was already a bit tired. I'm liking running at the moment, it's quite zen - my mind goes off and does it's own thing and i'm not thinking about all the stupid crap that's going on in my life right now.

I don't think i've got the ideal trainers for running though, so I think i'll gop and see if I can get fitted for a better pair since i've found that I actually quite like it...

definately get fitted for shoes :) you will be glad you did...and start when and where you can and let us know how it's going :)